Nemo's War (second edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rule 11 concerning lull turns & their action points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seif Mounir
Egypt
flag msg tools
Hi there,
Concerning rule eleven during a lull turn; it states that I can scrounge up actions by other means... what does that mean ? does it mean that I can exert my ship resources or actually losing it in favour of getting action points or just using my treasures won that makes me gain 1 extra action?
It's an amazing game, thank you..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot normally sacrifice resources for actions. You could use a treasure that says discard for an action to get an action during a lull turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also save an action point at the end of each turn if unused. A good idea if you are concerned about Lulls.

There are also "Keep" cards which can produce actions. And, as senorcoo notes, some treasures too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Wilson
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
badge
There Can Be Only One! The Wrong One!
mbmbmbmbmb
As above, but I would add that you could sacrifice some Character tiles as well to gain additional actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Erni
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you accumulate your "bonus AP" features for a single Lull planning to "plunder" the Adventure deck -- you may "find" cards that generate actions, "action" gems, or "Professor Arronax's Determination" (my poor "First Officer" has died twice in one turn several times). The results can be staggering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I don't think I've ever sacrificed the 1st Officer except in one game where I lost to an Imperialist Victory anyway. 7 VPs plus a Nemo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes Erni
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuft wrote:
Man, I don't think I've ever sacrificed the 1st Officer except in one game where I lost to an Imperialist Victory anyway. 7 VPs plus a Nemo!

Each Action Point is generically worth almost exactly 3 VP's on average. In specific situations (particularly during Lulls) they may be worth FAR more. Also, I often WANT to "lose Nemo" (love that "Steady" state). Admittedly, that is not "always" the case -- the presence of copious mitigation is big consideration. It helps that my style involves very little combat with Warships (except when playing War -- where I have NEVER treated her so badly).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seif Mounir
Egypt
flag msg tools
Thank you very much...
I have another Q. concerning the Nautilus first upgrade it costs 3 resources or 3 points worth of resources ? meaning that for ex. i lose 1 crew since it has +3 or I lose 3 crew or any combination of my resources... from what I understand is I lose (sacrifice) 3 combination of my resources is that correct ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C.A. Sinclair
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seifo wrote:
Thank you very much...
from what I understand is I lose (sacrifice) 3 combination of my resources is that correct ?

That is correct. You just sacrifice any 3 resources for the upgrade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
seifo wrote:
Thank you very much...
I have another Q. concerning the Nautilus first upgrade it costs 3 resources or 3 points worth of resources ? meaning that for ex. i lose 1 crew since it has +3 or I lose 3 crew or any combination of my resources... from what I understand is I lose (sacrifice) 3 combination of my resources is that correct ?

Each level of Crew/Hull/Nemo counts as losing one resource, regardless of what DRM that level would give. So yes, losing a Crew at the +3 DRM level counts as losing 1, not losing 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.