Popular Tags: [View All]
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I watched the first "Enter Here" playthrough video (I see there is a new one posted this morning I have not watched yet, forgive me in advance if there are any things I ask already mentioned there), and read the rulebook several times. I played the first mission, "Shirts and Skins", in the full version with a Choir of Gabriella Vargas, Dr. Zeez, Ruby Doomsday (yes, I am playing her in advance of Skinwalkers chapter), and Ophelia Willows.

I have a few questions and then I am going to walk through a couple of Confrontations I had just to see if I got everything right.

Questions first:

1) When assisting and adding a Mutation to a card, do you just randomly pick one of the five available? And afterwards, it goes back in with the others? (So I could get "Fiery" a couple times in a row?) It's the reference to drawing a "new" Mutation in the rulebook that had me asking this.

2) I'm pretty sure I know this is true but I assume if I am Assembling Soul dice, I could still play Wolfram Cube to add 1 Body die to the check?

3) Dr. Zeez using the Monstropedia during a check where you're Targeting the Rage virtue. He rolls six dice? Four because he is using Mind dice instead of Rage dice, plus 2 dice for his Study skill since Monstropedia is a Study card and he has the Study 2 skill?

4) The Bar's "YOU - Evaluate using Mutated Rage: Trash 1 die". I assume that means "IF you evaluating using Mutated rage THEN trash 1 die" rather than "You have to evaluate using mutated Rage and you have to trash 1 die." Correct?

5) What does it mean when a card says "When you evaluate using Charming" (or Evaluate using Striking or whatever)? Does that mean you are using that skill? So if Gabriella Sacrifices a Memory Stick to add 1 Mind Die is that Evaluating using Hacking? (Because she and the Memory stick both have the Hack skill?)

6) Ruby Doomsday's power says that if you Avoid, you may Move AND Investigate. I posted about this in another thread but as a computer programmer, I took that to mean if she can't move, she can't Investigate since both conditions wouldn't be true. Not sure how to interpret that.

Now a couple of examples, please let me know if I got these right and if not, where I goofed up.

CONFRONTATION EXAMPLE 1:
Dr. Zeez at the Stadium plays Omen of Sustenance (+1 Body versus Threats) and sacrifices it to Investigate and flip the Stadium to the Hope side. He finds The Mancubs minion threat.

He decides to Confront. The Initiate power of Jubrayl Vishki err... The Mancubs kicks in to recycle Dr. Zeez's hand and he redraws same number of cards.

He Targets their Body Virtue which is reduced to 11 because of the Hope Nexus.

Gabriella is not at his Nexus, but she is sitting on his left, she can Assist for 3. I draw the Fiery mutation and roll a 1. Everyone at the Stadium has to discard 1 Rage card as Rage damage. (Dr. Zeez, Ophelia and Ruby all discard. Ophelia and Ruby have Rage Gifts to discard but Dr. Zeez does not so he discards a random card from his hand.)

When he assembles dice, he Discards Picks to Boost Body and because it's a Hacking card, he can use his Hacking skill 1. So he gets 5 dice. 2 Body inherent + 1 Picks + 1 Hack skill + 1 for Sustenance Omen.

Evaluation, he rolls the five dice, and thanks to the Assist from Gabriella, he could re-roll up to 3 of them to get a total of 11. (He made it).

Terminate: Dr. Zeez Heals 2 because of the Stadium Hope side.

Sanctify: The Nexus Seals automatically and Dr. Zeez and one other Saint at this location (Ruby or Ophelia) can Heal 1 Rage Gift. If the symbol had been inside a circle, everyone there could have Healed 1 Rage gift.

CONFRONTATION EXAMPLE 2:
Everyone is at the last location, The School. Gabriella Sacrifices the Omen of Hope to Investigate and finds the last Mancubs.

She recycles her hand and draws up and like the Doctor, Targets the Body virtue of the Mancubs which is again reduced to 11.

No Saints are sitting where they can Assist her with a Body check (even though everyone is at the same Nexus now). So no mutations either.

She can assemble using her 3 Body dice. She Sacrifices her Memory Stick to add 1 Mind die plus 1 Bonus die for Hacking Skill. She Discards Picks to add another Body die. So she rolls six dice for this check.

She didn't need to, but during the Evaluate step, she could have done any or all of the following:

o Could Discard Muscle Memory to Reroll 1 Body die.
o Recycle Wolfram Cube (Hack Skill) that matches her Hacking skill to add +1 to her result.
o Dr. Zeez, sitting her to right, could Discard Bones for Gabriella to Reroll any one die and then Trash any one of her six dice she rolled.

She easily defeats The Mancubs and wins the game. She gets first choice of available Fragments.

Are those two examples correct?

Thanks!
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S B
msg tools
1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. A little more open, but I would say yes, as you are adding Mind in exchange for Rage.
4. Yes.
5. It means when you add [Skill] dice to the check. The example is yes, as long as you choose to Hack instead of Strike or Resist.
6.Once you Discard, you avoid, then move, then investigate, doing as many as possible.

Confrontation 1: The only flaw is that arrows outside the circle only ever target one. [Up/Down] specifically is "either you or a saint at your nexus," so only one person gets the effect out of the three.

Confrontation 2: This one is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lostillusion wrote:

Confrontation 1: The only flaw is that arrows outside the circle only ever target one. [Up/Down] specifically is "either you or a saint at your nexus," so only one person gets the effect out of the three.

Ahhh, yes, I should have got that one. Thanks for your answers. Looks like I played mostly everything right.

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Spetz
msg tools
I had to go and double check, but I think that I found one place where your play wasn't correct.

In the Shirts & Skins mission, the Mancubs are listed as Minion A. The mission structure says that when you defeat Minion A, someone at your nexus can go to sanctify. However, you do not automatically sanctify your nexus, you still have to go through whatever the Guard/Seal requirements on it calls for.

The only time you auto seal a nexus is when you win against a Master archetype (depending on the mission structure). Otherwise all you get is the chance to seal the nexus. If you win against the Mancubs but fail to seal the nexus, you then have to clear all of the cards from that nexus to actually seal it. Depending on the win condition of the mission this could make your job significantly harder. So in general it is best to win against the threat and then seal so that you can just not worry about that nexus any more.

Otherwise, looks like you have the game pretty much down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Arlington
United States
Summerdale
AL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KageLupus wrote:
In the Shirts & Skins mission, the Mancubs are listed as Minion A. The mission structure says that when you defeat Minion A, someone at your nexus can go to sanctify. However, you do not automatically sanctify your nexus, you still have to go through whatever the Guard/Seal requirements on it calls for.

Ahhh yes, quite true. Good catch. I will have to remember that. It's like PACG when you have no Villain and only Henchmen!

Thanks!
Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.