1 , 2  Next »   | 

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Legendary Wheel of Fate - Advanced Randomizer 2.0 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Legendary™™ Wheel of Fate is a Highly Customizable Web Randomizer for Legendary™: A Marvel Deck Building Game. I built this randomizer to be both simple, and provide many options - out of the "box" it will provide players with a way to create games quickly, but optionally provides many ways to craft and construct the game you want to play. All cards needed to build the various decks will be shown in detail, making it easy to put the game together. It is compatible with most modern Desktop and Tablet Browsers, and most mobile devices (YMMV).

The Options
Sets - You can individually choose the sets you want to use in creating your game, or by groups to play either Heroic or Villainous.

Difficulty - Allows for using the difficulty options from the base game. The new difficulties from Dark City are not used, as they most alter game play than game set-up.

Thematic Transmogrification - This allows for the direct picking of items to include in the game. As an added bonus, heroes can be individually selected, or a hero group, class, or sex can be picked for a given slot.

Exclusions - With exclusions you can select individual card sets to be omitted from the randomizer. The exclusion is only for exactly what you exclude - it will not cascade. For example, if you exclude Doombot Legion the randomizer will still use Dr. Doom - it should, however, give you a warning message if Dr. Doom was the selected mastermind without the Doombot Legion.
The same applies for completely invalid selections - if you exclude Maggio Goons and get Crime Wave as the Scheme, the randomizer will build the game give an error message. This is done to allow the end user to decide what to do with the result.

Add to Excluded - Once a game is built an "Add to Excluded" button will appear at the bottom of the game. This is to help with chaining games. When this button is clicked all parts of the current game will be added to the exclusion list.

Crossover with Encounters - We have added support to crossover heroes and crews between sets! To use this you will have to register an account and access the Legendary Settings page. There you will be able to set which heroes or crew members you want to share between sets!

Saved Settings - You can also now save your game settings! You will have to register for an account, then you will be able to access a new Legendary Settings page, and save the exact settings you want between sessions.

Custom Cards - You can now add custom cards for Mastermind/Commanders, Villains/Adversary, Henchmen/Backup, and Hero/Ally. You will need to be a registered user, and then you'll see the new menu item. Schemes/Plots coming Soon(TM).

Playable Masterminds - The Playable Mastermind feature from Secret Wars Vol 1 is now available. Checking the check box under number of players will enable playable masterminds for your game. This mastermind player is in addition to the number of players you selected. So if there will be 2 Heroic players, and one mastermind player (for a total of 3 players) you would Select 2 for the "How Many Player?" selection. Checking the box is considered adding another player.
Additionally you can select "With Their Own Deck" and this will build the Masterminds Deck. By default, the type of cards will match the Mastermind. So if it's a Mastermind the deck will consist of allies, and if it's a Commander it will be build with Heroes. You can change this under the Transmogrify section, as well as all the options you came to expect for each individual card choice.

Match/Oppose Mastermind Options - Each selection in the Transmogrifier now has the option to match or oppose the selected Mastermind. Schemes/Plots, Villains/Adversary, Henchmen/Backup have options to match the mastermind. This mean if you use any of those selection the given selection will support the mastermind/commander. so if Red Skull was selected as the mastermind, the above options would be a Scheme, Villain, and Henchmen. Conversely if Odin was selected the options about be Plots, Adversary, and Backup.
The Heroes/Allies have the option to oppose. So for Red Skull it would be a hero, for Odin it would be Allies.

Change Allegiances - You can now change allegiance of the Hero side to match Villains. This means Masterminds can become Commanders, Heroes to Allies, Plots to Schemes, Villains to Adversaries, and Henchmen to Backup! This ties in with the above Match/Oppose Mastermind options, and helps work on the grey areas introduced by the Secret Wars sets. This has been added to the Settings area, so you'll need a free account to access it.

Hope you enjoy it! (Use at own risk - some mutations may occur. Please consult a doctor if you notice any additional appendages.)

Raw Link: http://tablemonkey.net/Legendary

Known Issues:
- Spurious error in Encounters, if you see black lines, just refresh browser. Haven't narrowed down root cause yet.

If you find anything else, please PM me to keep this thread cleaner.

10/23/17 - Spider-Man Homecoming added
2/20/18 - Champions added
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Can u active password reset..

I forgot mine

Please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colt2911 wrote:
Can u active password reset..

I forgot mine

Please

Send me a PM with your account name and/or email.

Looks like Password wasn't enabled, I'll have it enabled on my next update, probably next week. In the meantime I can do it manually via PM's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My feedback on version 2.0:

The font size seems smaller (just about everywhere on the page) than before? In any case, it's a little too small for my tastes.

The left sidebar div where the "Assemble!" button and all the other controls are located is slightly too narrow, resulting in the div having a horizontal scrollbar. This is particularly annoying on my iPad where the sidebar will shift ~5 pixels to the left or right whenever you drag on the sidebar with your finger.

I recommend putting "([ ] With Own Deck!)" inside of a span with the style "white-space: nowrap;". On my iPad, it wraps to a new line after one of the parentheses, which doesn't look good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to say I agree with DarthEd and I'm working on a laptop running Windows 10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, most of that is due to some package conflicts. Once I finish updating all the packages most of this will go away (...and cause other problems, I'm sure ).

Thanks for letting me know about the wrapping of the With Own Deck checkbox.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked some screenshots I took of setups for LOL, and the font size is definitely way smaller on both desktop and mobile. Please embiggen.

Also, I think you could disable the horizontal scrollbar on that div with the CSS "overflow-x: hidden;". HTH.

Cheers,
Ed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Ward
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb

It doesn't work for me. It just says loading.... Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
minmin wrote:

It doesn't work for me. It just says loading.... Any ideas?

Press F-12 to see what the error is.

Most likely you either have an older browser that doesn't support HTML5, or have IE/Edge with Compatibility Mode turn on, or you have Scripts turned off.

For the first, the only answer is to upgrade. The good news is it's free to do. If you're on older version of Windows and can't get new IE, get the latest Google Chrome - or other 3rd party browser.

The next update will have the meta tag to turn Compatibility mode off (if not forced on by Enterprise), but you call also do it yourself. Just search your version of IE and Compatibility Mode.

If you have Scripts turned off... turn them on. Again, same as a above, search for how to do it in your browser version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Styles and Layouts have been updated, and all (most...? ) conflicts have been resolved. Still have a few more cosmetic changes I want to make, but those will be done over time.

Password recovery feature is also now available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think "([ ] Random Oppose Mastermind)" needs "white-space: nowrap;", too. It wraps to a new line before the close parenthesis, which doesn't look good.

Still seeing a horizontal scroll bar on the left sidebar in Safari.

Font size is much improved though! And the whole thing feels faster. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Malta
Balzan
Balzan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any ETA on the ability to add Custom cards? Would be a big help
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JerkyGunner wrote:
Any ETA on the ability to add Custom cards? Would be a big help

Was about 1/2 thru when had to go on travel. Hope to wrap it up when I get back, so prob the week after next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Custom Cards are back up and running, sorry for the delay - but went on a much needed vacation.

Also, fixed the mastermind reveal buttons not working.

And it's that time of year again - Extra Life donation banners are up, so please support if you are able. (They didn't have any that fit the layout, so I got the least invasive one available)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
I think "([ ] Random Oppose Mastermind)" needs "white-space: nowrap;", too. It wraps to a new line before the close parenthesis, which doesn't look good.

*ahem*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Malta
Balzan
Balzan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redvulture wrote:
Custom Cards are back up and running, sorry for the delay - but went on a much needed vacation.

Also, fixed the mastermind reveal buttons not working.

And it's that time of year again - Extra Life donation banners are up, so please support if you are able. (They didn't have any that fit the layout, so I got the least invasive one available)

Excellent!

Not sure how open you are to requests but I have a couple.

Would it be possible to add custom Schemes?

Also, custom Masterminds don't seem to allow the option to add any custom Villains as their Always Lead option. That would be great to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spider-Man Homeconing support has been added.

The "*Ahem*" layout issue has been updated.

As for Schemes, I want to do them but it's quite the huge undertaking due to all the possible options.... and they keep adding more every set! So the can keeps getting kicked down the road.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Malta
Balzan
Balzan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redvulture wrote:
As for Schemes, I want to do them but it's quite the huge undertaking due to all the possible options.... and they keep adding more every set! So the can keeps getting kicked down the road.

Maybe to start you could have a basic option of the name of the scheme and the number of twists it uses.

Any chance of giving the option for custom Masterminds to choose custom Villains as their Always Leads choice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic K
msg tools
Will you be adding the Marvel 3D Legendary cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A Few Bugs fixed
- Custom Villain and Henchmen available for Always Leads
- Layout of Settings wasn't stacking on mobile, now does
- Settings weren't being applied to Randomizer after Homecoming update, now they work again

No plans to add the 3D cards, but you can add them on your own thru the Custom Card section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:
DarthEd wrote:

*ahem*

redvulture wrote:
The "*Ahem*" layout issue has been updated.

I'm still seeing this, or there has been a regression.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarthEd wrote:

No regression. Just checked it. The two lines are the same length, no wrapping before they hit min width.

Do you happen to have enlarged fonts/text?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
Malta
Balzan
Balzan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redvulture wrote:
A Few Bugs fixed
- Custom Villain and Henchmen available for Always Leads
- Layout of Settings wasn't stacking on mobile, now does
- Settings weren't being applied to Randomizer after Homecoming update, now they work again

No plans to add the 3D cards, but you can add them on your own thru the Custom Card section.

Custom villains for the Always Leads is great news!

Now all it needs is a way to add custom schemes and I can fully use the wheel

I don't think functionality needs to be too complicated for custom schemes. Just give the option to choose the number of twists added and that should be enough. Otherwise it will be impossible to anticipate every kind of scheme setup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
redvulture wrote:
DarthEd wrote:

No regression. Just checked it. The two lines are the same length, no wrapping before they hit min width.

Do you happen to have enlarged fonts/text?

No, I don't think so. Computed font-size attribute when I "Inspect Element" is 16px in both Chrome and Firefox. Chrome's font size preference is set to "Medium (Recommended)".

I've checked in Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on desktop and in Safari on iOS. They all show the same thing:

If I use the WebKit Inspector to add the CSS rule "white-space: nowrap;" to the ".col" CSS, it immediately fixes it. Here's the after pic:

The problem occurs with both the "Random Match Mastermnd" and the "Random Oppose Mastermind" options. Amending the CSS for ".col" fixes both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe McNulty
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just pushed out a major update. I'm refatoring a bunch of code to work with an integrated mobile app (you know, same settings for both web and app versions). I've replaced some of the previous style frameworks (see ya Bootstrap!), and also have the randomizers use an API service.

I'm sure some of this may have some visual affect on phones. Currently my phone, while looks ok, clips a few pixels off on the right. No affect to use. I may, or may not, fix phone specific issues right now, and just push them off until I am done with the app - provided it's not something stopping you from use.

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.