Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am having trouble understanding the Indian bot gather sequence. It is the second bullet that I have trouble with: "Then place War Parties at Villages..."

The word "then" to me says that you need to do it if you can, so do I immediately take the war parties that I removed and put in available to create the village (from the first bullet) and then place them according to the second bullet conditions? Prior to the gather command, I had no war parties in available.

Also, both of my eligible village spaces already have one village. Can I place another village in these spaces as the bot? The 3.4.1 rules use the word "instead" if you have a village, and then give you the option to place or move war parties.

Having trouble putting together the gather commands for the bot and 3.4.1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

The command is missing the word "may" before "instead either" (this has been fixed in the errata). So, your choices are:

1.a) Add exactly one available war party to the selected province, or
1.b) Convert two war parties to a village in the selected province

OR, if the selected province already has at least one village, you may instead:

2.a) Add available war parties up to number of villages +1, or
2.b) Transport war parties from adjacent spaces

EDIT: And yes, the bot will place a second village per (1.b), as it's the top priority, as long as there are enough war parties present. Stacking rules permit two villages / forts per space.

EDIT2: I'm not certain I actually answered your question So the bot first gathers in all provinces where it can convert war parties to villages (per 1.a above). This might move some war parties to available for use in the following steps.

Then it adds available war parties to spaces where a village already exists (per 2.a above), but not those that were already gathered in (you can only gather in a space once per command).

Then it adds a single war party to provinces with room for a village, but no village yet (per 1.a above).

Finally, it moves war parties from adjacent spaces (per 2.b above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Winford
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Much more involved than even I realized. That clears it up, especially Edit 2. Thank you so much sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simo Ahava
Finland
Espoo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It might seem involved, and I blame my convoluted explanation for contributing to the confusion, but the rules are actually very straightforward.

For me, key is to always remember three things:

1) if it's not spelled out in the rules, don't do it (no overinterpretation)
2) the bot must obey the regular rules, too, except where clearly stated otherwise
3) execute each instruction by reading from left to right, top to bottom, one sentence at a time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.