Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael McFall
United States
Killeen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those people who want a simulation like "Fear God and Dread Nought", this is not it. This is similar to the Gamemaster series (if you know what I am referring to), in other words, it's a toy box style wargame.

For those that want a game that's still a wargame and fun, this game lives up to the promise as advertised. The fun factor is completely off the charts. Quality is above average for the price paid. The game absolutely meets its design intention. I am so glad I bought it.

A good sign that the game is good (for me), is, I keep pulling it out, just to look at it.

I have only played the basic game and read thru most of the rules. The game totally draws me in and makes me want to play more. Know that assembly is required and there's a fair amount of work to be done (mostly putting on stickers). The good thing is, it's not a Pandora's Box where once it's out it won't go back in.

I have to add in the Micro game. I am amazed that these are not completely sold out. That is ounce for ounce a true deal. That little 55mm x 55mm x 30mm box is filled to the brim with a truly enjoyable game.

It provides a true entry point for the game. The hardest part for me was getting off those tiny stickers of the sticker sheet. After reading the rules I was immersed and playing all within an hour and a half. You leave the micro wanting more.

For those who have not played yet, leave a little more room than you think you will need. The footprint is bigger than it looks. It looks tiny but that is really deceptive. There's a lot.

I will be buying more of the Micro Games to give away as gifts. This is going to make some new wargamers for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Predrag Lazovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Considering that our games are fairly different from other existing games, part of our target group are actually completely new gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any tips for the stickering? The numbers aren't individual right? They need to be cut? How well do the stick to the components? Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael McFall
United States
Killeen
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually cheated when it came to stickering my ships. I made a sheet at my work that was smaller and did not have to be cut. I stuck those on the sides of each hull but... I am not really satisfied with the way they look there. I will probably redo them and stick them on the fantails. That means work using a hobby knife trimming the ships. I don't really want to do that.

Maybe add a dab of humiseal then place the sticker on top of that...

I first used the sheet provided in the Micro game. My first cuts were a bit too big and they didn't seem like they'd last. They were damn hard to peel from the sheet too. They stuck okay, but that 3d printing won't allow it to hold a premium bond unless you do something about that.

I'm thinking of a way of using a rubber stamp to do the numbers. I think that is the solution. Next time my wife drags me out shopping, I'll see what I can find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Im going to use the cut and fold ones and then figure out the mini's. That's a lot of cutting, wish they weren't spaced to save some cuts. I actually purchased an additional set of pieces so I may play around a bit to see what I can do while playing with other set. I was thinking of putting the pieces on those plastic stands and the stickers on the stand. The boats would be lifted out of water but the planes and copters still higher. Hope a buch of pictures get posted to see how others did it. I don't mind the work, its fun to do and feels good after when playing with what you done. Good luck with yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Predrag Lazovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Miniatures and stickers are small and it isn't easy to assemble, but with a little patience everything is doable. Every set contains numbers in 3 colors, so it is possible to replace a number if one gets lost.

Not all plastic stands hold poles well. A piece of paper curved around poles can solve the problem. With that the connection is tight.

If you want, you can increase stability of stands a bit by gluing cardboard hexagonal bases on the bottom of plastic stands.

One of our next Kickstarter projects will be Jump Jet Maneuver. Aircraft are in the main role there. We are working on it to improve pieces (stand and pole) so the players can easily assemble and use them. If we succeed in it, we'll find a way to deliver you new set of stands and poles for NBiA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tornabe
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for posting this. It helps out alot. I would have had a terrible time with the stickers, trying to remove the backing from tiny numbers. I like how you cut into strips and pull away the backing then cut numbers. That alone will save me hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Kendall
United States
Lebanon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Using the tip of an X-acto knife to hold the little sticker as it's put in place helps--this, or a small pair of tweezers.

I'd also suggest a tiny dot of superglue on the flat area where the sticker goes, to help hold it permanently.

Superglue also works, by the way, if any detail bits (such as a crane on the repair ship) comes off. I recommend Zap-a-Gap gap-filling superglue; it will also "fill in" the tiny ridges which resulted from the 3D-printing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.