Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I need a clarification as to what happens when a player runs out of Oomph. Is the following correct?

1. When their oomph is at zero, they have "run out of oomph".
2. If, while their oomph is at zero, they roll any skill checks, they only roll 1 die.
3. At the start of the next turn, they recover, and their oomph goes back to 1. Skill rolls are back to normal.

Is this correct? If so, it would be fairly unusual circumstances that would see them reduced to 1 die, since normally enemy actions occur after the players have acted.

Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Hickman Newnham
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grainger wrote:
I think I need a clarification as to what happens when a player runs out of Oomph. Is the following correct?

2. If, while their oomph is at zero, they roll any skill checks, they only roll 1 die.
3. At the start of the next turn, they recover, and their oomph goes back to 1. Skill rolls are back to normal.

Is this correct? If so, it would be fairly unusual circumstances that would see them reduced to 1 die, since normally enemy actions occur after the players have acted.

Is that right?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, players only recover Oomph automatically at the beginning of a Scene. They would have to actively do something to recover Oomph during a Big Finish, for example. This could be using an artifact or power, an ally or rift shift, a reveal or burst, or if you want to allow it a creative use of a skill check.

-Angie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Grainger
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corduroy wrote:
Grainger wrote:

Is that right?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No, players only recover Oomph automatically at the beginning of a Scene. They would have to actively do something to recover Oomph during a Big Finish, for example. This could be using an artifact or power, an ally or rift shift, a reveal or burst, or if you want to allow it a creative use of a skill check.

-Angie

Thanks. D'oh, I don't know how I misunderstood point 3 (mistaking scene for turn!). blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.