Kelton Keener
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Has anyone tried the optional rule of using the second number in a player's jersey for breaking ties (instead of rolling of with a d6)? I'm wondering if the teams were made with this rule in mind, or if the secondary numbers seem completely random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm thinking of using this rule all the time, no matter the mode of play. Would be interested in the reply, though I suspect that the rule and the jersey numbers were designed in concert with each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. All the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Chiu
Canada
Vancouver
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For my first game, we started using the rule. Then I noticed that it would put one team at a disadvantage. Some match ups would mean one team gains an advantage with the tie breaker rule over others as one team has a higher second number on more players than others. I decided to just go with the straight tie breaker rule.

I was going to do a little more analysis between teams to see how even the tie breaker optional rule is compared to not using it. At first glance, the optional tie breaker rule will change who gains an advantage. Even without the tie breaker rule, the ties aren't broken evenly due to some teams have more impact+ players than others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Peletis
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
In our league, we don't use the second number but we do use the Star Player tiebreaker.

Superstar > Star > Impact > Normal

If same level, then a roll off will occur.

It has seemed to work out pretty well so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.