Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Our first play ended with all mines on 10 at the track. And also during the play they were also always very close.

So I played my 'last bid' card as last, get the most money and could get most of the rest of the mines and earn again the most money.

For me this game seems broken or quite unfunny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you get all the mines to 10? There are only 10 mines you can place on the board, but 12 spaces between 1 and 10. I think you played something wrong. When you place a mine on the board, you move it up the track one SPACE, not one VALUE. So after #8, if you place a mine on the board you move it to the empty space between 8 and 9, not to 9 itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason B
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.jasonbegy.com
badge
http://www.jasonbegy.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine values tend to be more diverse at lower player counts because there is less money in the system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GarfieldKlon wrote:
Hi

Our first play ended with all mines on 10 at the track. And also during the play they were also always very close.

So I played my 'last bid' card as last, get the most money and could get most of the rest of the mines and earn again the most money.

For me this game seems broken or quite unfunny.

I remove 8 random cards from the game before starting now to both shorten the game and give the end more variability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garfield Cat
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
How did you get all the mines to 10? There are only 10 mines you can place on the board, but 12 spaces between 1 and 10. I think you played something wrong. When you place a mine on the board, you move it up the track one SPACE, not one VALUE. So after #8, if you place a mine on the board you move it to the empty space between 8 and 9, not to 9 itself.

You're right, we played that wrong. But ok, then they all ended up on 9? That makes absolutely no difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Beaudry
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
I really don't think that it matters if all mines reach the maximum level 9. What is important is to have the most money at the end of the game. This will greatly depend on when you first decide to cash in your stocks for money to buy more stocks. Sure at the end of the game each stock will be worth 9 (or close to it), but the amount of shares each person has will vary depending on how well the auctioned for the stocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.