Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
The Vassal module does not have a solo option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
Boston Redsox
badge
New England Patriots!
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't. However you can sign in to command both sides effectively letting you play solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coyle
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're playing solo, I would recommend using the non FoW version. The latest is 1.03.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tagore Nakornchai
United Kingdom
Putney
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfotunately, the non-FoW version seems to have some errors in setup for the Endkampf scenario (there are missing Commonwealth units around the Nijmegen Area), which are present in the latest FoW version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Dickerson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's quite an oversight.

Good news, though. It would be child's play to open the module with the Editor and simply add a Solo "player"... then make a small change to the version number and re-publish it, so that everyone would have a chance to have the same version for competitive matches...

If the game has any "hidden" attributes, or side access limitations to the pieces, there might be some other details to attend to with the attributes and prototypes (making all pieces visible/available to a Solo player [or Observer, as I tend to add to modules I build]).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.