Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

IKI» Forums » Rules

Subject: Do You Remove Occupation Cards From The Hiring Pool At The End of A Season? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you do! But the English rules don't actually say it. And I don't see an FAQ on the boards here. We infer it from the End of Round section on Page 7 where it states that:

"At the end of any non-payday month, the unhired cards on offer stay in place; place 1 Mon on each such card (this can happen twice with each card, so here can be a maximum of 2 Mon on any card)."

At the end of the PAYDAY section after Food Payment a fourth step should be added:

"Refresh Hiring Pool
Remove the ending season's Occupation cards in the hiring pool from the game, and add four from the new season's stack."

if this is the case, the rule under the heading PAYDAY should read at the end of its introductory sentence "there is a Payday that has 4 (not 3) steps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
Of course you do! But the English rules don't actually say it. And I don't see an FAQ on the boards here. We infer it from the End of Round section on Page 7 where it states that:

"At the end of any non-payday month, the unhired cards on offer stay in place; place 1 Mon on each such card (this can happen twice with each card, so here can be a maximum of 2 Mon on any card)."

At the end of the PAYDAY section after Food Payment a fourth step should be added:

"Refresh Hiring Pool
Remove the ending season's Occupation cards in the hiring pool from the game, and add four from the new season's stack."

if this is the case, the rule under the heading PAYDAY should read at the end of its introductory sentence "there is a Payday that has 4 (not 3) steps.

You missed this paragraph in End of the Round:

"After each Payday, you must remove any leftover fish tokens and replace them with the tokens for the next season. Then, you must discard all occupation cards on offer (put any coins on them back into the bank) and replace them with 4 new occupations cards of the upcoming season."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! Glad its in there, although its placed kind of weirdly. But I'll take it; thanks. I've got people coming tomorrow for my second game--our first with a full complement of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.