Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dylan Nichols
United States
Clermont
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a smuggling contract is completed with an Outpost Action.

When you take an Outpost action are you allowed to do all the functions of the Outpost at that time?

E.g. the Depot leads me to think you can "heal" and buy a trailer if you had the cash. Could I complete a contract AND visit the mod shop with the same outpost action?

We've played it this way so far, explaining it like doing a port action in Merchants and Marauders.

Are we doing this Correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael N.
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am almost 100% positive that you can only perform one of the actions per turn. If you opt to heal at the Depot, you can not also purchase a trailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only do 1 outpost action per turn. So you cannot complete a contract AND visit the Mod Shop in the same turn.

That said, I want to clarify that, at the Depot, the primary outpost action allows you to purchase trailers and/or repair truck damage. In this case, it's not two separate outpost actions, but two parts of the same outpost action. (This is made explicit in APPENDIX B of the rulebook.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Nichols
United States
Clermont
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but I find this to be terrible. It's already kinda boring to arrive at a location, do one thing and then hand off the next person, then to know you have to now sit there for another action just to visit a mod shop, and might as well just end your turn at that point.

I plan on keeping it as a visit like a port action in MM. Gameplay-wise this makes so much more sense, at least for my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.