Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hello. I just to make sure Im clear on the boons & burdens rules.

at the end of shadow of the past it tells you to select one burden and one boon and add it to the campaign pool.

1. Is that still the case even if you moved mr.underhill already to the victory pile during this first quest?

2. What if Glorfindel fell defending an attack during this quest?

3. Once you have earned one of these cards, what happens in the next quest if either they are moved to the victory pile or killed? Are they now removed from the campaign pool or retained for each quest?

Im 3 for 4 on this first quest, so Im thinking about modifying some of the rules to make it a bit harder/realistic. So, for instance, removing unique cards from future quests if they are killed or attached to a fallen character. So I may play the same with boons and burdens regardless to the answers above. But I wanted to be clear on the official rulings beforehand.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Higgins
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Seek Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly With Your God. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Moving a card to the victory display is not the same as removing the card from the campaign pool. You can select Mr. Underhill as your boon.

2. Similarly, whether or not Gildor dies during this quest, you can select him as your boon.

3. The boons are retained for each quest.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Although future quests remove these boons and burdens from play.

Happy questing,

Noah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jamie erskine
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great. Thanks for that.

I think I will still play it that if a boon such as glorfindel is killed off he is removed from the campaign. I like the idea that the campaign is retelling the story. I'll probably wish I hasn't said that once I get in the middle of the campaign and discover just how difficult it might get.

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the choice take the Mr. Underhill, it's essentially a free "feint card" and it is "permanent so it is actually useable through all the scenarios - well at least up to the "Journey in the Dark" scenario which is where we are now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.