Subject: Baron Zemo question(s) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jayson Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks in advance....tried a search but didn't see anything.

1) Zemo's base attack says '9+', additionally, his lore says 'Baron Zemo gets +9 attack unless you are a savior'. Am I to understand unless a player has *Savior* status, then Zemo is actually 18 attack?

2) Barons also says "Whenever you fight a villain, you may use two recruit to rescue a bystander". I assume that if you play your hand to attack him, if you have at least 2 recruit in your hand, you may also additionally rescue 1 bystander in the city? If you had 4 recruit, could you rescue 2 bystanders?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes, unless you are a Savior, he is 18 attack.

2) No. You can only rescue 1 bystander per defeated villain. Even if you had 4 recruit, you would have to fight 2 villains in order to rescue 2 bystanders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Impeachment time
mbmbmbmbmb
JaysonOl wrote:

1) Zemo's base attack says '9+', additionally, his lore says 'Baron Zemo gets +9 attack unless you are a savior'. Am I to understand unless a player has *Savior* status, then Zemo is actually 18 attack?
Yes, he is 18 attack until you gain Savior status.

Quote:
2) Barons also says "Whenever you fight a villain, you may use two recruit to rescue a bystander". I assume that if you play your hand to attack him, if you have at least 2 recruit in your hand, you may also additionally rescue 1 bystander in the city? If you had 4 recruit, could you rescue 2 bystanders?

You have to have the recruit when you defeat the villain not in your hand and you can "buy" one bystander for each villain so you cannot spend 4 to get two when you defeat one villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:

2) No. You can only rescue 1 bystander per defeated villain. Even if you had 4 recruit, you would have to fight 2 villains in order to rescue 2 bystanders.

Right. And the rescued Bystanders would come from the Bystander Deck, not in the City.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Olson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
AdelinDumitru wrote:

Right. And the rescued Bystanders would come from the Bystander Deck, not in the City.

Oh, from the Bystander Deck? Where is that rule?

Wow, I played that wrong then. However, this then begs a follow up question....if you rescue a bystander from the bystander deck then, and that Bystander would become a villian (copy cat), then instead of rescuing it, would it then enter the city as a 3 attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget: Baron Zemo the Mastermind is different from Baron Zemo the Villain. The text about rescuing Bystanders comes from his Mastermind card and applies only to fighting Villains, not in fighting him (as was used in the OP example).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JaysonOl wrote:
Oh, from the Bystander Deck? Where is that rule?

Wow, I played that wrong then. However, this then begs a follow up question....if you rescue a bystander from the bystander deck then, and that Bystander would become a villian (copy cat), then instead of rescuing it, would it then enter the city as a 3 attack?
To answer the first question:
Core Rulebook, page 15 wrote:
“Rescue a Bystander”
Some card abilities tell you to “rescue a Bystander.” This means take the top Bystander from the Bystander stack and put it into your Victory Pile...Cards that say “rescue a Bystander” don’t let you save Bystanders captured by specific Villains in the city – you have to defeat those Villains to save those Bystanders.
As for the second question: yes, that Bystander enters the city as a Villain. I really hate that card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JaysonOl wrote:

Just to clarify on point 2, a Mastermind does not count as a Villain, so you cannot pay to rescue a bystander after defeating the Mastermind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce C
United States
flag msg tools
Probably won't ever be in Marvel Legendary...
badge
I don't tell people what to do on their turn, I might as well be playing by myself.
mbmbmbmbmb
So this just occurred to me... Could Heroic bystanders make this Mastermind and other villains with a Savior requirement more difficult since they don't count as bystanders once you rescue them? wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls