Subject: Damage is repositioned out of engagement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If during your attack you end up out of engagement you can't apply any further attack results (other pushes, fatigue, etc.). This can occur from a reposition or a push you don't follow up on (or some other cases I guess).

As damage is dealt at the end of the combat does this also mean you can't apply the damage if you are out of engagement? Or will you only apply damage that is generated up to the effect that moved you out of combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David O'Connell
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I believe it is apply the damage generated up to the effect that moved you out of combat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so say you had a 1, 2, push and reposition and then another 2, if you moved out of engagement with the reposition you'd only do 5 damage and get to clear a fatigue. This ignores the other 2 damage generated as you ended your attack early. If the push moved out of engagement the damage would be 4 and the reposition and 2 would be ignored.

Makes sense and I'm sure it can be picked up from a reading of the rules but it would be good to have an FAQ entry on that particular condition. I'll play it your suggested way for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.