Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several Pending Pages where contributors can check on the status of submitted items and, more importantly, make corrections or deletions before they are approved.

However, I can not find a pending page for images. Is there one?

I am trying to determine if I submitted duplicate images but I can not find what I submitted. I'd like to delete any duplicate images so I do not waste geek mod time. I know that I have seen duplicate images from time to time when I have geek modded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
I'm actually curious how many of these duplicate or triplicate submissions come about. When I upload stuff and on occasion an upload stalls, the image submission interface rolls back the progress bar for that image and leaves the caption and mod note fields open. What I've tried once or twice is that once all the other images finish uploading, I remove all the ones that uploaded correctly, then try to hit upload again. Only this does nothing. Even though the interface obviously knows the non-uploaded images weren't uploaded, it won't let me upload them with the captions and such I already entered. This leads me to wonder how people could upload duplicates and not notice, since they would have to manually reenter (copy/paste) the captions, categories and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How often it happens -- I do not know. Rarely, but I have seen duplicate images submitted.

When I load multiple images to a common entry, it is easy to manage any image loading errors as the interface allows me to view the image with a link from the upload screen. However, once I close that screen, all access to that image disappears until someone "likes" it later and I can see it on from my Image Contributions while it is still pending.

When I am loading images for many items, I have lost track of which item I uploaded images and which I have not. There were a few times where I just know I already loaded an image, but I can not confirm it. (Sometimes the link to the item gallery is in the "previously selected link color" and that gives me a clues, but not always.

I was just wondering if a feature exists that let you see your pending images and edit them if necessary (like what exists for the Items and Person).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmb
If you subscribe to the image you can reach it from your subscriptions list even if it's pending, so you can delete it, edit the caption, propose a link etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribing to my own image never occurred to me. (Face palm) I need to add that to my routine.

I need to work on my subscription discipline, too. I have way too many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I was auto subscribed to images that I uploaded. Do I need to so something special to subscribe to them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
rainbowrose wrote:
I thought I was auto subscribed to images that I uploaded. Do I need to so something special to subscribe to them?

As far as I remember, you can define in your settings to receive notifications about comments to your submitted content. It is almost, but not quite like subscribing to them.

To show up in your subscriptions you need to actually click on Subscribe on each after you have uploaded them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.