12 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Searching for my 1st game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Noneyabiizz
msg tools
Hey guys and girls,
I am researching for the perfect game to get my tabletop game feet wet. I have painted several different minis over the years, from warhammer to walking dead. But I've never actually played any table games.

I enjoy a good story, with lots of in depth characters,back stories, and terrain/location info. A good map, with plenty of room to explore, exploit, invade, etc..is important. I also like having different objectives, not just rolling the dice and drawing a card over and over again. I do enjoy the futuristic worlds but also a mediaeval type era as well. Maybe a mix of the 2? Minis is a must since I like to paint them. Finally customization to the game, board, characters would be cool too. Anyone out there have any good recommendations? Does a game like that exsist?
Thanks for any info laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Knight
United States
Upper Valley
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Necromunda: Underhive will be coming out soon. The original was amazing (best tabletop game I've ever played, probably), and it checks all the boxes, especially the story one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Noneyabiizz
msg tools
That one does look pretty awesome, thanks. I'll add it to my wishlist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch

Indiana
msg tools
mb
You might want to also take a look at Mythic Battles: Pantheon once it comes out at the end of the year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Nuss
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heroesbane wrote:
You might want to also take a look at Mythic Battles: Pantheon once it comes out at the end of the year.

Be advised, Pantheon will not be available through retail or through their online store according to recent news in the Pantheon and Mythic Games forums. You will have to find it either 3rd party, or you could preorder it from Thegamesteward.com which may be your best bet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
+1 Necromunda: Underhive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kelly
Canada
flag msg tools
Maybe zombicide: Black Plague

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jade Knight wrote:

heroesbane wrote:

JayKells wrote:
zombicide: Black Plague

So, to summarize, you need to buy a game with a colon in the name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Noneyabiizz
msg tools
Hey thanks for the recommendations guys. Now, how do I find people who like to play? Haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Knight
United States
Upper Valley
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Noneyabiizz
msg tools
I'm about an hour north of new Orleans, how about you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Knight
United States
Upper Valley
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, about 4 hours north of New Orleans... by air (not counting layovers). (You can actually see where I live my hovering over the flag near my username.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.