Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to ask a quick question. The VJ 1941 scenario has the NEI starting in the Pro-UN box but the saved portion for VJ-40-9 only applies if the NEI is neutral. I guess I don't understand what's the point of having that as a saved event, or am I misunderstanding the diplomacy rules badly? Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Madison
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
awdougherty wrote:
Just wanted to ask a quick question. The VJ 1941 scenario has the NEI starting in the Pro-UN box but the saved portion for VJ-40-9 only applies if the NEI is neutral. I guess I don't understand what's the point of having that as a saved event, or am I misunderstanding the diplomacy rules badly? Thanks again.

I'm at work now and don't have a copy handy -- is VJ-40-9 the Japanese invasion/landings in the NEI? If that's the case then yeah, you should definitely have the ability to land units (garrisons).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Dougherty
United States
Maplewood
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Talossa wrote:

I'm at work now and don't have a copy handy -- is VJ-40-9 the Japanese invasion/landings in the NEI? If that's the case then yeah, you should definitely have the ability to land units (garrisons).

Here's the part that's saved...

"Operation Shichi-Go." This Event may be played if the Netherlands East Indies is neutral. Japan may invade the NEI; deploy up to 6 Garrisons in the NEI. If the UK is not at war with Japan when the invasion occurs, roll a dl0; on a roll of 1-7, Britain declares war on Japan. If the USA is not at war with Japan when the invasion occurs, roll a dl0; on a roll of 1-6, the USA declares war on Japan.

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Since I'm new to the game, I was trying to make sure I didn't miss anything obvious. Most of the way through the first turn's impulse phase. Had The US roll a 10 for its Pearl Harbor prepared level, so the whole thing turned right from the first roll. Really interesting, very curious to see where it all goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.