Graeme Jahns
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a couple questions about some summoned monsters. I know the rules say that Summoned cards can't summon other cards, but I know the Paizo FAQ says : (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1h4#v5748eaic9usj)
Quote:
On page 15 of the rulebook, replace the sentence "Summoned cards cannot cause other cards to be summoned" with the sentence "A summoned card can't cause you to summon a copy of itself or of the card that summoned it"

Giant Maggot Swarm, which BTW is supposed to read (http://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1h4#v5748eaic9tef)
Quote:
On the monster Giant Maggot Swarm, change "each character at your location" to "each other character at your location".

So... does that mean it does or doesn't summon copies of itself for others at your location to fight? It seems like that's a copy of itself, so no, but if it's supposed to be a swarm, you'd think it SHOULD summon more copies. I'm leaning to 'yes it summons copies for others at the location to fight' because that to me doesn't feel like your summoning another copy of it, just expanding it to its intended size.

And the giant fly. I know that after you've defeated its supposed to fly to another location, if possible. But summoned cards are supposed to be banished after you encounter them, so if it was summoned [instead of encountered] does it fly to another location, or get banished? I feel like in this case the banishing rules take priority.

Thanks for the help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Giant Maggot Swarm encountered in a location deck will summon a Giant Maggot Swarm for each other character at the location. But a summoned Giant Maggot Swarm will not summon anything.

So,if you encounter one in a location deck (i.e. one that is not summoned), your friend at the same location summons and encounters one. The one he summons and encounters also says each character at his location should summon and encounter one. But you ignore that because of the rule about summoned things not summoning copies of themselves. Otherwise the two of you would be in an infinite loop.

If you summoned a Giant Fly you wouldn't put it in another location deck, because it was summoned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.