Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Summary:
Mr Trump claimed 15,000 attendees.
(reports at the time said a lot of folks left early).

The hall actually has a capacity of 12,250.

The rally was in 3 sections that hold about 2500 each.

One of those sections was reserved for the press (which I think is ironic) and no rally attendees stood in it.

One of the remaining sections wasn't full. The video includes shots from more useful angles.

Actual attendance appears to have been about 4,000.

Now-- why is this important? I mean, it's just another lie.

Well, I think it's important because it shows a huge drop in enthusiasm among trump supporters to go and hear him talk.

And of those who did go to listen to Mr. Trump's rally, many did leave early.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He counted them on his cartoonishly short fingers, so obviously he came up with a number higher than a normal-hand-sized person would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think trump voters are starting to realize how fucked up the guy is. You can only take crazy for so long. I'm hoping there is a silver lining and the dems start to really move the direction of Bernie with a much more progressive agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Daddys_Home wrote:
I think trump voters are starting to realize how fucked up the guy is. You can only take crazy for so long. I'm hoping there is a silver lining and the dems start to really move the direction of Bernie with a much more progressive agenda.

The bad news is that Thomas Frank says that the Dems are not moving left or becoming more progressive. Watch my videos of him taking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where are your videos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
Thailand
flag msg tools
Daddys_Home wrote:
Where are your videos?

Here.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26868860#26868860

One with his standard book selling speech of 50 min. plus 40 min of Q&A in the OP
and a 16 min 1 in the 3rd or 4th reply [it's by me].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Summary:

One of those sections was reserved for the press (which I think is ironic) and no rally attendees stood in it.

One of the remaining sections wasn't full. The video includes shots from more useful angles.

Well, I think it's important because it shows a huge drop in enthusiasm among trump supporters to go and hear him talk.

"This is fake news" - Donald Trump

Laughs, and sadly, there are people out there that would believe Trump.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abadolato01 wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Summary:

"This is fake news" - Donald Trump

Laughs, and sadly, there are people out there that would believe Trump.

But as the potemkin rally shows, fewer than there were only 6 months ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:

Nah, don't call it a lie. It's just another "Trump Truth"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
emike wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Nah, don't call it a lie. It's just another "Trump Truth"

i.e. "alternative facts".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meat wrote:
He counted them on his cartoonishly short fingers, so obviously he came up with a number higher than a normal-hand-sized person would.

He's completely unable to count to 10 1/2 without a second opinion from Fox and Friends first, so everybody's expectations have to be lowered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daddys_Home wrote:

Earlier in the week, I read something that really stuck with me. I can't remember where it was (so I can't link it back), but the gist was this: Both Republicans and Democrats believe the country is more conservative than it actually is.

Now, this creates some interesting issues.

With the GOP, it emboldens them to go big on doing awful stuff because they believe that the country agrees with them on doing awful stuff.

With the Dems, the opposite holds true. If they believe that the country is actually more conservative than it actually is, this makes them meek when it comes to challenging the GOP on its awful stuff. It makes them less likely to stand up for -- say -- universal health care or women's rights, because they think the country won't actually back them up on those issues.

It's pretty messed up, really.

And why did I bring it up here? Because no matter how many Trump voters there are who realize Trump is out of his goddamned mind and/or completely unqualified to hold political office, the folks in power will hang back and wait for someone else to take the hit because both sides -- right and left -- honestly believe / are afraid that the country actually agrees with the dope.

Scary, huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to repeat something I said after the election: after W, I thought America was done with electing know-nothing idiots to prominent national office.

Evidently not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
I'm going to repeat something I said after the election: after W, I thought America was done with electing know-nothing idiots to prominent national office.

Evidently not.

The issue is, Republicans believe that, for some reason, they have some mandate to "Make America Great Again", when in reality, over half the country voted for the other candidate, laughs. So in general, they push an agenda that over half the people don't believe in nor want. I think that is why Trump is so feared. The half that did not vote for him do not want to see him succeed, and I can't say I blame them. Add to that the fact that he is likely going to piss off all but his die hard base, and that explains why he is in the basement in terms of ratings.

I believe that, if history repeats itself, the Repubs are going to get spanked in the mid term elections, then life may get a little more difficult for Trump, not that he doesn't have enough problems already (laughs, most of which are self-generated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.