Pendragon: The Fall of Roman Britain» Forums » General

Subject: Unearthed near Hadrian’s Wall rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Manhattan Reject
United Kingdom
Plymouth
flag msg tools
Great article in today's Guardian detailing a new find near Hadrian's wall. Great for getting in the mood for the upcoming Pendragon!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/sep/09/hadrians-wal...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Purcell
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's incredible that they created an almost 2000 year time capsule from the placement of a concrete floor for new barracks. Certainly better than more recent attempts that are reported with mouldy newspapers and decayed items after 50 years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgane Gouyon-Rety
Canada
Montreal
QC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw that. Very cool indeed :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Over 50 Gamer
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Oliver......one cool cat
badge
MEOW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for that....great read. We stopped in at Vindolanda 2 years ago on our cycling trip from Newcastle to Whitehaven and back. It was an amazing day and I highly recommend people visit it if they ever get the chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petdoc wrote:
Thank you for that....great read. We stopped in at Vindolanda 2 years ago on our cycling trip from Newcastle to Whitehaven and back. It was an amazing day and I highly recommend people visit it if they ever get the chance.

Absolutely agree. Housesteads is also an amazing place and well worth a visit. Incredible to imagine soldiers and others from all over the Empire there on that rugged and northerly frontier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.