Subject: Vote cards mistake in my copy maybe rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M P
msg tools
Hello,

I think there might be mistake with the voting cards in my copy:

https://imgur.com/yQSHeYp

I may have one additional cannon/british/success instead of water/british/success.

Could anyone who has received their copy confirm if they have the same voting cards as me?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Fryrd
France
Grand Champ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I count 30 cards on your photo... I received the game yesterday, I have 32.

And where are your double flag, double skull or double bucket cards ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
I have them but didn't include them in the photo.

I think the rest of the cards are fine - 4 British, 4 French, 1 Dutch loyalties, 9 pirates, 3 pistols, 3 black spots, 3 albatross, 3 letters of marque, the rest of the events cars 1 of each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Fryrd
France
Grand Champ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I double checked, we have the same cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
Karhaix wrote:
OK, I double checked, we have the same cards.

Thank you for checking! It is probably intended to be that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hancock
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Your cards are correct. The different quantities are so that of the 30 single vote cards half are British, half French, 12 Torch, 9 Cannon, 9 Water, half mutiny, half helm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
The game could sure use another set of vote cards so they don't have to be reshuffled every other vote in an 8/9 player game. Course they wouldn't fit in the box sleeved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M P
msg tools
travisto88 wrote:
Your cards are correct. The different quantities are so that of the 30 single vote cards half are British, half French, 12 Torch, 9 Cannon, 9 Water, half mutiny, half helm.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, Travis!

What confused me is that I thought french and british cards should have equal number of torches, cannons and water but it's a wrong presumption on my part. Thank you for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Usticke
United States
Peekskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
The game could sure use another set of vote cards so they don't have to be reshuffled every other vote in an 8/9 player game.

Huh? The only time you shuffle the vote deck is during setup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hancock
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Vote deck isn't shuffled --- after each Vote the Vote cards are placed at the bottom of the deck and new ones are drawn from the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
travisto88 wrote:
Vote deck isn't shuffled --- after each Vote the Vote cards are placed at the bottom of the deck and new ones are drawn from the top.

Was there a specific reason for this? Wouldn't it place vote cards with a similar purpose together? True they're dealt out again one to each player rotating, but it may still come out biased. It may not matter in the long run, just wondering if there was a reason for this mechanic, or if it was done just to be easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hancock
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
It was done mostly to be easier. Super intense "card-counting" groups are free to shuffle each time. We've also found that most votes will contain a relatively even amount of elements on the cards, so putting them all at the bottom has worked fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.