Subject: First game question about card spoiler on 004, 035 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so I am on terrain 004 and observed over the cliff. I randomly chose one of the two 035 cards which is a permanent event
Spoiler (click to reveal)
A0360: A swarm of insects come out. I am guessing the other card is a good one

From looking at the rule, it seems that I can spend the action to get rid of this card and explore again, or I could save-load my way out of this trouble.

I decided to do it the normal way anyway. But other than the fact that I have to explore the island and face things in The Past again, what are the consequences?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
If you save-load you are not guaranteed to get the other 035 card because the 035 which is on the board is returned to the deck (it does not stay in the past).
If you discard the current 035 it goes in the past and then you can reveal the other 035 from the deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Saving has both positive and negative consequences.

It can get you out of trouble and replenish the hunting spots but it leaves the board completely unexplored, which means you will have to spend actions on events that come up during exploration and you will be back to moving card by card instead of covering more ground with one move action.

Also in response to your spoiler...
Spoiler (click to reveal)
don't always assume that one card is good and one card is bad. While it might be true often, that's definitely not always the case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Deusen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, bad things happen. A lot. Trying to avoid them by saving every time is going to get tedious really fast and isn't the way the game is supposed to run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Gitis (just my village's name)
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Save-load just to get rid of the card is pointless and it's like hiding behind your finger.
Just put the card back into the box and redraw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question, when the card in question came out, it had an effect on my ability to perform specific actions. I took it to mean that it affected me while I was on that card, so I endured the extra cost and got out of there, before proceeding as normal, but I may have been going to easy on myself, thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It only affects characters on the card it attaches to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Gillespie
Canada
Strathmore
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew, that would be brutal if it wasn't. Although it would have been more efficient in the end if I had just dealt with it instead of running away and having to come back later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.