Star Wars: Destiny» Forums » General

Subject: Booster Packs rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Poe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I just bought the two player starter set yesterday and played it with my son. We loved it. We had never played the "older" version of the game.

The question I have about booster packs is should I buy the old booster packs still (if I can find any) or just wait for the new ones? And secondly, when will the new ones be available? Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your FLGS may have some in stock. Currently FFG plans to release 3 sets a year. The third set actually launches next week on friday. The first set is Awakening, the 2nd Spirit of Rebellion (SoR), the 3rd Empire at War (EaW).

A full booster box contains 36 packs, 6 of which are guaranteed to contain a legendary card. You can buy sings cards for less than you'd pay for a pack at some on-line stores like CSI. Many people are selling collections. I have a full set of SoR I've been trying to sell. The Legendary cards are worth up to 50$ each in theory, not sure how many people are actually selling at that price. Game is fun, if you want to keep it cheap and casual just post wtb rare/uncommon/common sets as 90% of the value is the legendary cards atm.

Some main stream stores, Barnes and Noble at least , were selling booster packs. In case you don't have a local friendly game store. The demand out stripped supply so prices were super high. Just in the past month supply has exceeded demand so prices have started crashing.

List of all cards:
https://swdestinydb.com/

Price Watch:
http://www.thechancecube.com/card-price-watch/

Great Strategy:
https://www.thehyperloops.com/

May the force be with you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg MN
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crikrunner wrote:

Some main stream stores, Barnes and Noble at least , were selling booster packs. In case you don't have a local friendly game store. The demand out stripped supply so prices were super high. Just in the past month supply has exceeded demand so prices have started crashing.

As of the writing of this post, Miniature Market has boosters and boxes for both of the first two sets in stock. My FLGS also has tons of booster boxes re-stocked. Seems like a shipment just hit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Poe
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
awesome! Thanks everyone. I ran out and bought 3 packs of Awakenings just to crack some open. Didn't hit on any new characters though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
Canada
Maple Ridge
B.C.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's such a fun game.... my son and I play and I get together with friends once a week to play as well. Any of the booster packs would be helpful to you. The most economic way I've found to play is to buy a booster box with guaranteed 6 legendaries in it and lots of characters and then sell the legendaries you don't need/want. I've found you can almost pay for the entire box by doing it that way.
Hope you keep on enjoying it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.