Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
If you pass correctly through a prism, but the end of your newly placed path also crashes into another Ryder, do you still score the prism?

If the answer is no, then I have no follow up question.

If the answer is yes, then what happens to the prism? Is it slid to the front of your path before you remove all your paces? What if doing so then places the prism so that the opponents path is now correctly passing through the prism? Does that mean they automatically then score it, converting the prism once again, and if so, does it then slide to the front of their path?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Melanson
msg tools
Rules posted on the GTG show that the order of operation since a new rule book is that you check for a score before you check for a crash. So, if you go through a Prism and another player's path, you score the prism, then crash. Source: https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/crash-or-pass-10637

As for where the Prism ends up and if a player can score it again, you got me there. I will say, IF it does move to into a crossed path, then it wouldn't go to the next player right away (maybe the turn after?). You already checked for a score for that prism this round. And just cause you're on a path that a prism is on, doesn't make it you're prism, because someone can steal your prism, and then crash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vander Veen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rule a prizm only captured as a ryder is actively passing thru the prizm vs. if a prizm was pushed onto another lazer piece. But, unsure how that would be officially ruled. The interesting thing is that the pushed prizm could provide safe passage across another lazer piece. Like it was there already.

I just read the GTG thread posted above. I have been playing the house rule version of the game where the lazer piece acts as a path. If the path strikes another lazer piece before entering a prism, I've been ruling it a crash. But, they are saying the official rule is that you evaluate the entire lazer piece to see if you score first. Then, you check to see if you crash.

This ruling significantly dumbs down the level of skill needed to capture prizms that another ryder's lazer piece is still passing thru. I very much enjoy the challenge of capturing prizms away from other players by skilled manuvering across the prizm without crashing. But, I can see why the official ruling would be set to not be overly biased towards players with less depth perception capacity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find out that you can only score when you cross over a prism on your own turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pelvidar wrote:
I did find out that you can only score when you cross over a prism on your own turn.
I'm having trouble seeing a case you could cross a Prizm not on your turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the How To Play video made by the designer (i guess), this situation happened. Simply score the prism and move it up until it touch-without-touching the opponent path.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reggie P
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjonvv wrote:
This ruling significantly dumbs down the level of skill needed to capture prizms that another ryder's lazer piece is still passing thru. I very much enjoy the challenge of capturing prizms away from other players by skilled manuvering across the prizm without crashing. But, I can see why the official ruling would be set to not be overly biased towards players with less depth perception capacity.

I find it really thematic and awesome. I imagine a Ryder bursting through the lazer at top speed and snagging the prism before they completely lose control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.