4 Posts

Unfair» Forums » Rules

Subject: Clarification on Mesmerist and Technician rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Earl Patrick
msg tools
Hi,

Earlier, there were four of us who played and we encountered a scenario. This was the last round, and the City Event card we drew was the NEW SAFETY STANDARDS. We ended up closing 1-3 attractions per player.

Now, one player (let's call him Player A) had the TECHNICIAN as a staff member, so what he did used the special ability of the Technician and opened two attractions. When it was Player C's turn, since he had the MESMERIST, he gave a mesmerism token to the Player A's technician and transferred the card to his own park. Then Player C said he will use the special ability of the Technician to open the two attractions that were closed in his park as a result of the City Event. Player A said this is not possible, since it is stated in the card that the special ability of the Technician can only be used "Once per Events Step." Player C is arguing that yes, it is once per event step but since the staff member got "transferred" to him during that round, he still get to use the special ability of the technician. We were split right down the middle (as there were four of us), and eventually we just allowed Player C to reopen his two attractions.

Was this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the mesmerist doesn't "reset" the staff. once their ability is used for a round, it is used. The updated Mesmerist card quite is quite clear that he only gets to use unused ability of the mesmerized staff member. I used staff member is basically safe from the mesmerist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Patrick
msg tools
Thanks for the quick reply. The text on the Mesmerist card in my game only says:

"Once per Events step:
Choose a staff member without a mesmerism token in any park. Add a mesmerism token and move them to your park until the Cleanup step."

I reckon this is not the updated card, then. No worries.

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
earlpatrick wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply. The text on the Mesmerist card in my game only says:

"Once per Events step:
Choose a staff member without a mesmerism token in any park. Add a mesmerism token and move them to your park until the Cleanup step."

I reckon this is not the updated card, then. No worries.

Thanks again

that is the printed card yes. it has been errata'd. regardless though, nothing on the printed card would allow for resetting the staff abilities. The cards in Unfair are pretty precise. Do exactly what they say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.