Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously single player renders several of the event cards moot but how about loot? I know the negative effect of gold bars is not triggered in single player, but how about the Bust?

Bust is a loot which makes the player unable to use tools for the rest of the game.

If you draw this card in multi-player it's an inconvenience but not a game stopper. You can pass your tools over to other players.

In single player; tools are eliminated for the rest of the game. Additionally, there's no mechanism to drop those unwanted/ useless tools so you still trigger alarms with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say you aren't using tools any more. A sad turn of events, but it's not impossible. I've played plenty of games where I didn't use any tools anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Loot sets off alarms in the same places that tools do, so if you're carrying the Bust, it doesn't matter if you also have tools in your pocket; the alarm will be set off regardless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cam P
Australia
Kew
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bust is definitely a bit frustrating in a single player game. I have learnt to be pretty fast and loose with the tools when playing with just one character. Perhaps a variant for the bust that would be more fun with a single character would be that it now takes 2 or 3 actions to use any tools.

I think there are more painful loot you can get when just playing one character. The mirror (which limits you to 3 actions) I find to be the most painful. I have also been trying to beat the obelisk heist (5 floors of 3x3 tiles) on the burgle bros app with a single character and I find I just have to give up if I ever get the tiara (or whichever loot it is that results in you being seen from adjacent tiles when moving).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.