Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

I always thought that X-wing fans, who come around BGG or the FFG forum should already know me, but I recently learned that it's totally possible to hang around here as a X-wing fan in desperate need of an efficient storage solution and have no idea of MicroHangars and my other stuff. Outrageous!

So, if you know me, simply ignore this thread, if you don't and if you're interested in free templates for a rather huge bunch of cardboard stuff to pimp your X-wing game (and even others), take a look at:
http://www.sirwillibald.com

I've started localizing my stuff recently, the MicroHangars and MiniManeuverCards are already available in 7(!) different languages, thanks to the help from the local communities.

If you like to have more info, click through my page, and if you want to stay in touch, feel free to subscribe to my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/SirWillibald/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
flag msg tools
You Greeks are always children!
badge
Jean Gabin in La Grande Illusion
mbmbmbmbmb
Christian, I've known about you for a while, but haven't gotten around to make these yet. But I am so glad they are available. Because, uh, collection is, uh, growing...

Thank you for these fine upgrades!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian George
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love a version of the gear boxes that don't have space for the pilots, and are instead just the dials and the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
georgeofjungle3 wrote:
I'd love a version of the gear boxes that don't have space for the pilots, and are instead just the dials and the base.

I'm actually planning a CollectorBox for dials and for pilot tokens, along with some dividers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:
georgeofjungle3 wrote:

I'm actually planning a CollectorBox for dials and for pilot tokens, along with some dividers...

Any chance the collector box for dials and base plates will be the size of foam trays so they can fit in carry cases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogueKnight wrote:
Any chance the collector box for dials and base plates will be the size of foam trays so they can fit in carry cases?

I have thought about requesting this, but the problem is the major foam vendors all have different foam sizes, most likely by design. They want you to stay locked in to their system once you buy the first item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drathbun wrote:
RogueKnight wrote:

I have thought about requesting this, but the problem is the major foam vendors all have different foam sizes, most likely by design. They want you to stay locked in to their system once you buy the first item...

In this case, such an effort seems rather pointless. At the moment I was planning to have roughly the same footprint as the Upgrade Cards CollectorBox and only adjust the height.

If anybody comes up with a good reason to change that, I'm all ears.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For example, Battlefoam offers the following X-Wing trays (measurements in inches)

BFL (Large) 15.5 x 12
BFM (Medium) 15.5 x 8
BFB (Big?) 12.5 x 10.5

Feldherr has these X-Wing sizes (sizes in metric)
275 mm x 172 mm half-size
345 mm x 275 mm full-size

If I do my math right, these become the following in inches
10.82 x 6.77
13.58 x 10.82

The foam trays also come in various heights. Feldherr offers 35mm, 50mm, 60mm, and 90mm... Battlefoam offers 3 inches, 2 inches, and 1.5 inches I think.

Those are the two vendors I currently have. There are other laser-cut foam storage solutions, but as you can see there is nothing in common between even these two, not even their prefered measuring system...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Height would not be an issue, as it would just be as tall as is needed for storage. There are different heights of foam, for example.

From my experience, there are many companies that make the same size foam/storage bags to fit said foam.

I know battlefoam is different, but the size I was referring to was 13" x 7.5"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Lengler
Brazil
flag msg tools
Awesome job!

I was trying to use MTG deck boxes to hold all my cards until I discovered your website! And it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better!!!

Thanks a lot for your time and effort!

PS: Can I ask for a pilot card divider in your collector box for Scurrg H-6 ship with rebel theme? Scum themed appears twice
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kampfer171 wrote:

PS: Can I ask for a pilot card divider in your collector box for Scurrg H-6 ship with rebel theme? Scum themed appears twice

blush Oh no, you're right! How dumb can one be??

Sorry, added this to my list...

And thanks for the nice feedback!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aull
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks for designing and supplying these! We are fairly new to the x wing miniatures game and really like what these boxes add!

If you are looking for any requests, a box to be able to put gear boxes in would be cool. They don’t fit in my current storage solution, but I like the idea. Obviously I need to figure out a new storage solution!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Racejoe wrote:
Thanks for designing and supplying these! We are fairly new to the x wing miniatures game and really like what these boxes add!

If you are looking for any requests, a box to be able to put gear boxes in would be cool. They don’t fit in my current storage solution, but I like the idea. Obviously I need to figure out a new storage solution!!

I suggest using a Really Useful Box of a size you like, they are great for storing my stuff, and much more sturdy than a giant cardstock box could ever be. Furthermore the bottom doesn't give in easy, the lid can be opened and closed with ease and they are stackable and come in a wide variety of sizes. Of course they are other plastic boxes that would do the job, as well, but I like using Really Useful Boxes, even though they are quite expensive here in Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Aull
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Thanks, good idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee V
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I recently found this site and have starting boxing all my figures and cards from there and makes things A LOT easier in terms of getting things in one box. Perfect for me as I don't want to splash out on a mega storage solution. Compact, cool looking and cost effective. What more could you want?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.