4 Posts

Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ranged weapon usage : bow vs javelin? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
msg tools
Hi all,

Is there any difference in the range etc. of these two weapon types, or any difference in terms of Sybil using a javelin instead of a bow for her skills etc. ?

I like the idea of the ranger using bows, but I keep getting really nice javelins, so I am using them, and it seems weird to be using them repeatedly for super long range. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Poly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is nothing different between them apart from which Skills they provide as written on the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
msg tools
Thank you clipper for the clarification.

Another silly mistake I was making was that the 'plague javelin' has +wounds for bams/diamonds and I thought for a moment (because of the plague name) that those wounds applied to me when attacking with it, like I was being 'plagued'. I see now that +wound is similar to +sword except that it ignores enemy defense shields. That is a great level 3 weapon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it a little odd how many range javelins there are in the game considering there is only one dedicated range class with the Nightshade Ranger. The Bloodmoon Nightrunner can also go range, but other than that the rest of the classes are primarily magic or melee users (save the Warrior Priest).

That means there are essentially 1.5 range classes (Ranger and Nightrunner), 2 magic classes (Socerer and Wizard), 1 total neutral class (Warrior Priest), and 6.5 melee classes (Paladin, Barbarian, Assassin, Pit Fighter, Bonecrusher, Noble Warrior, and Nightrunner). You would think they would have made the Nightrunner a strictcly range class and then made the Barbarian either or with melee and range to help level things out. To make it worse only Sibyls mini has a bow, all the rest of the minis are using wands, scepters, staffs, or melee weapons and shields.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.