Hide
7 Posts

Empires of the Void» Forums » General

Subject: Empires of the Void is what Eclipse wishes it was??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Howe
msg tools
I know this is an old game but I just watched the vid review from Dice Tower and one of them said this is what Eclipse wishes it was. My question is what does Eclipse wish it was? If the answer is a war game then maybe this is the game I'm looking for. I want a good combat game with several wars that doesn't take 1/2 the day to play. I love Eclipse, but I need more fighting. Is this the game I'm looking for? If not what is the game I'm looking for? I'm ok changing genres too, I love space theme but I'm open. I'd like to find something in the 60-90 min range (3-6 ppl)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ruescher
United States
West Milford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Burning Suns

Could take a look at this game, but it may be longer than you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Howe
msg tools
thebobymon wrote:
Burning Suns

Could take a look at this game, but it may be longer than you like.

Not many copies out there, so before I drop a hundred dollars I'd like a bit more info on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whether this is the game you want or not, it's out of print and outrageously priced, but see it's heavily-redesigned soon-to-release successor Empires of the Void II.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wolski
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JerichoBronco wrote:
I know this is an old game but I just watched the vid review from Dice Tower and one of them said this is what Eclipse wishes it was. My question is what does Eclipse wish it was? If the answer is a war game then maybe this is the game I'm looking for. I want a good combat game with several wars that doesn't take 1/2 the day to play. I love Eclipse, but I need more fighting. Is this the game I'm looking for? If not what is the game I'm looking for? I'm ok changing genres too, I love space theme but I'm open. I'd like to find something in the 60-90 min range (3-6 ppl)

Take a look at Exodus: Proxima Centauri. Much more readily available for purchase and it has 2 expansions (one available now and one on the way). Here's a link to the Miami Dice review.
Exodus: Proxima Centauri
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jwski wrote:
JerichoBronco wrote:

Take a look at Exodus: Proxima Centauri. Much more readily available for purchase and it has 2 expansions (one available now and one on the way). Here's a link to the Miami Dice review.
Exodus: Proxima Centauri

Here's a link to a video series with sample play and more LINK if that helps you decide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Sheppard
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Give Nexus Ops a try. It's much shorter and has a similar combat system as this game.
Lots and lots of fighting.
I do love Empires though. I'm not turning you away from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.