Subject: Can adventurers ever move on their own? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find anything in the rules that says adventurers can move alone, they appear to always move together...but I must be missing something because there are benefits you can gain when you move to a tile with another adventurer or a fire. When and how can they move alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Falkenberg
Canada
Whitehorse
Yukon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The action cost and required successes are shown on the card they are currently on. Adventurers can move alone or other adventurers can accompany (with the normal adjustments available for doing actions together).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh! I was reading that the 'four arrow' directional icon meant they all had to move together! It's the words 'all involved' I was misreading.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also find that sentence confusing - needed better wording IMO. It's like an extra special action that can bring you all together.

Everyone can do the pathfind action, to move or explore. With the 4 arrow action thing, you can all move to the same location for a special move. That's how I read it. Finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you still have it wrong, Simon. Only the characters performing the action move, and you can only be performing a single action at a time.

What the four-arrow consequence actually means is that everyone involved in the action moves from the current Terrain card (where the action was taken) to the same destination tile (connected to the current Terrain by other Terrain cards).

if you have some characters on Terrain A and some on Terrain B and you want everyone to get to Terrain C, then you need to take two actions at least. For example, the characters on Terrain A could use the action on their card to move to Terrain C in the first action and then the characters on Terrain B could use the action on their card to join them (reducing the cost with their character abilities).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.