Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My group played Brew Crafters: The Travel Card Game at a pub yesterday. It was fun but I don't think I'd pick it up. I think I need a gamers card game that you can play at a pub but there needs to be a little more depth. I really liked the ticket to ride order filling aspect of it though. Is there something that might be a better fit for us. Usually we are playing 3-5 people?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Joy
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could try Jump Drive or its older sibling Race for the Galaxy. JD only plays up to 4. RftG will play up to 5 if you get the first expansion.

Space Hulk: Death Angel – The Card Game or Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game might be good for you too. But they are both recently out of print. If you find Blood Bowl you will need the Foul Play expansion to play up to 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Jones
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Port Royal with Port Royal: Just One More Contract...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain N wrote:

Is this game language independent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Jones
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TWrecks wrote:
Captain N wrote:

Is this game language independent?

Yes, all symbols on the cards. Once one person knows how the cards work, it is very easy to teach others. I learned from watching Game Night. You can try it out at yucata.de to get a feel for it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I really like Brew Crafters: The Travel Card Game, its a compact game that has some interesting choices...I agree it can be a little light, but I guess that's what you get with travel games..

Not sure about the order filling aspect. but if you can find it, Great Wall of China is a pretty compact game that plays 5 people and is fun. doesn't take up too much table space either..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.