Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Horst Ehmke
Germany
flag msg tools
Just to make sure.

The rules say:
"No Possible Moves
If you cannot move on your turn, gain 1 whistle token and forfeit all movement for the turn. You may still upgrade if you wish."

At first it seemed pretty clear, but the "forfeit all movement for the turn" made me think. So must it be impossible for the player to move OR can the player decide intentionally not to move?

Does the sentence "You may still upgrade if you wish" include spending coal tokens for upgrade actions?

Thanks in advance for clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bartel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I came to ask this exact same question. The timing of our posts is strange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morency
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm just guessing here, but I think you still have to have no possible moves to do this. The reason it says you have to forfeit your moves is because after you gain the whistle token you would be able to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Odinsfury wrote:
I'm just guessing here, but I think you still have to have no possible moves to do this. The reason it says you have to forfeit your moves is because after you gain the whistle token you would be able to move.

Yes, you are right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Chavez
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to further clarify, If at the start of my turn I have 2 coal and I use the coal to activate upgrades. Since I can no longer move and haven't moved does that mean that I would get the whistle and forfeit the rest of my movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
omglazorspewpew wrote:
Just to further clarify, If at the start of my turn I have 2 coal and I use the coal to activate upgrades. Since I can no longer move and haven't moved does that mean that I would get the whistle and forfeit the rest of my movement?

No, you just spent your coal on upgrades instead of moving. The no possible moves rule is for the case where all your trains are blocked in by other trains and you could not move a train even if you wanted to move one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
scottwildcatman wrote:
omglazorspewpew wrote:

No, you just spent your coal on upgrades instead of moving. The no possible moves rule is for the case where all your trains are blocked in by other trains and you could not move a train even if you wanted to move one.

So, would it be correct to replace the wording in the rules with the following wording?

"If at the start of your turn you are unable to move, gain 1 whistle token and forfeit all movement for the turn. You may still buy or use upgrades if you wish."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Caputo
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:
scottwildcatman wrote:
omglazorspewpew wrote:

So, would it be correct to replace the wording in the rules with the following wording?

"If at the start of your turn you are unable to move, gain 1 whistle token and forfeit all movement for the turn. You may still buy or use upgrades if you wish."

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.