Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MINTECRISTO
by Giampiero Randazzo

Game for 2 players
Game time: 5-10 min.

Components:
1 Playng table (print on 15x15 cm microfibre cloth for glasses)
2 Black ship pawns
2 White ship pawns
1 Red gem

Current Phase: Components Ready

2 Player rules

It is played with 2 different player pawns, 2 black and 2 white.

The aim of the game is to take the gem and reverse the most quickly position the pieces of their own color.

You sort out who starts the game and moves in turn.

A move is to move your own piece of work, in an adjacent box.

The pieces can move freely in all directions.

The pieces can not stand in the same box and no jumps or catches are allowed.

The pieces can not enter the base boxes of the opponent.

The pieces that must move from the base box and are blocked by an opposing piece, they can ask for the free box.

The pieces can not take the gem directly, but they must take at least a lap around the island.

Wins who first reaches the opposite positions with the gem; if the player does not have the gem reaches the opposite positions to win the match.

local playtester have tried the game several times and found it fast and fun! Some of them have tried the game even with 4 players, so you can consider it a good variant of the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Predrag Stevanovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Your game looks very nice, and it seems to have simple enough rules to be great little abstract. (which i am sucker for)

That's why i say seems. I guess English is not your first language and i think your rules need few clarifications.

Quote:
The aim of the game is to take the gem and reverse the most quickly position the pieces of their own color.

This i don't get at all. Do you mean that you should go back to starting positions with both of your ships?
This also seems to imply playing with pieces of opponent's color... or is it just me?

Quote:

By 'piece of work' you mean your ship, right?
And by 'box' you mean... well, you have dots on cross sections and you have 'boxes'. I'm guessing you move from dot to dot because your ships are standing on the end of the lines in the setup picture.

Quote:
The pieces can not stand in the same box

Again, you will have to show us at least few turns. Take a few pictures of your game in progress, couple of opening moves.

Quote:
The pieces that must move from the base box and are blocked by an opposing piece, they can ask for the free box.
How do you ask?

Quote:
The pieces can not take the gem directly, but they must take at least a lap around the island.

What is the lap? Where it starts? Do we start anywhere and then have to remember where we started?

Quote:
Wins who first reaches the opposite positions with the gem; if the player does not have the gem reaches the opposite positions to win the match.

This part is really confusing and i understand noting.

I hope you'll understand my questions, and i really hope that you don't take this as a personal attack. I don't think i'm being harsh, this are just the things that have to be crystal clear. I'd be glad to help you with writing rules if i knew how to play game. And i think that there are a lot of other people too.

Hope to hear from you soon and best of luck in contest,
Pedja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

I'm sorry for my english...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Predrag Stevanovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
etacarinae1965 wrote:

And i am truly sorry my comment made you feel that way. It is not what i intended and it wont get us anywhere.

Now give us some pictures.
turn 1 - white moves here; black moves there.
turn 2 - white does this; black does that.
turn 3 - ...

Again: I'll be glad to help you with English rules once i understand how the game works. If you want that, of course. No hard feelings if you don't.

Have a good one,
Pedja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cross
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etacarinae1965 wrote:

Good morning from the U.S. Never be sorry for your English! Your English is far better than most people's Italian.
Now, let's get to this. I'm going to take this line by line like pecaZP did above. And to be clear, I think pecaZP asked fair questions and was truly being helpful.

Quote:
It is played with 2 different player pawns, 2 black and 2 white.

Got it. No problem here.

Quote:

Get the gem and take it to the to the opposite color. So if I am white, I need to grab the gem* first and take the gem to black's starting position.
My question here is, once a side (color) has the gem, is there any way to lose it?
*= see point below for further details.

Quote:
You sort out who starts the game and moves in turn.

Again, no problem with this.

Quote:

You can move your ship pawn to any adjacent space. Are the spaces the intersections of the lines? I believe this is true.

Quote:
The pieces can move freely in all directions.

OK. Easy.

Quote:
The pieces can not stand in the same box and no jumps or catches are allowed.

I get most of this. The ship pawn must move on their turn and cannot skip over any space. I'm not sure what you mean by "catches"?

Quote:
The pieces can not enter the base boxes of the opponent.

Your ship pawns cannot move into the other ship's starting spaces.

Quote:

If one of your ship pawns is in its starting space and is blocked by other ships, then you can ask your opponent to...? This one is confusing. Do you move the opponent's ship to another space so your ship can move out or do you skip over the opponent's ship to another adjacent space?

Quote:

I am mostly good with this. I assume the lap starts from your starting position line.

Quote:

Yeah. I'm not quite understanding this one. If you have the gem and you get to the opponent's start space, you win? Further explanation is needed for this one.

I agree with pecaZP that maybe some pictures or diagrams would help with some of this. A picture is worth a 1000 words, right? I do like this one though. Simple design. I like the cloth map. Very piratey feel to it! Looking forward to some clarifications.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. L.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the idea of printing on microfiber cloth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
thank you very much for your comments ... sorry if I do not answer, I am very busy with my cartoonist work, and I ask you to be patient ... asap will make graphs and explain the rules best ...
(short rules work better in Italian, but translated in English do not work ... sorry again)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
this cloth can bend it for the tin box and it will not ruin!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Predrag Stevanovic
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenTea532 wrote:
I love the idea of printing on microfiber cloth!

Yeah, it is a space saver in mint design. I'm working on the mint entry too and have this option for board. Except, I've proposed that you get a ruler and marker and draw a grid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harshad Deshmukh
India
New Delhi
Delhi
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting! I'm too waiting for the rules with pictures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn van der Lee
Netherlands
Bussum
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does it also fit if the map is printed out on normal paper instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
of course! but to close it in a tin box it ruins ... I already did the test, the result I do not like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will try to explain the rules of the game with the help of images

the table without pawns (ships and gem)

this is a tactical game and speed;

the aim of the game is to take the gem with one ship and reverse the most quickly position the ships of their own color.

you sort out who starts the game and moves first;

a move is to move your own ship, in an adjacent point on the grid;

the ships can move freely in all directions;

the ships can not stay at the same point on the grid; jumping or capturing is not allowed, but must move to the nearest free point;

the ships can no longer return to their starting point;

if a ship must move from the starting point and the point of arrival is occupied by an opposing ship, the player may ask to release that point.

the ships can not take the gem directly, but they must take at least a lap around the island;

players must only engage one of their ships to retrieve the gem; the other must reach the finish point;

Wins who first comes with all the ships and the gem at the finish points.

if the ships without gem arrive for the first on the line of arrival, that match has no winner and it starts again.

I hope to have been clear this time ...

and I will be happy to welcome your suggestions

thank you very much

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfectly clear (at least to me) - just one thing:
How do I prevent the other player from getting the gem?
As soon as he has finished a lap - is there a chance to retrieve it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Perfectly clear (at least to me) - just one thing:
How do I prevent the other player from getting the gem?
As soon as he has finished a lap - is there a chance to retrieve it?

I do not think .... is a speed and tactic game .... find the way to get to the other player first ... and if you can not find it then the other one does not have to win!

you have to keep the spirit like "or me or no one else!"arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

versions of game components

if you have ship-shaped pawns, you can use those (these were made by me for another game prototype) and if they can be comfortable inside the tin box ...

you can introduce a d-6 die to choose who plays in the first place...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Patts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If there's is no way for the opponent to steal back the jewel from the player who got there first then you won't need to have the last segment of the game where they have to return to port- that part doesn't have any bearing on who has won the game if there is no means for the "loser" to Claw back a victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tpatts wrote:
If there's is no way for the opponent to steal back the jewel from the player who got there first then you won't need to have the last segment of the game where they have to return to port- that part doesn't have any bearing on who has won the game if there is no means for the "loser" to Claw back a victory.

Except that as per the final step of the rules, if the player without the gem gets their ships to the finish position first, there's no winner and the game resets. So if your opponent has the gem, your objective is to get to the end position before them to give you another chance to get it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
giampiero randazzo
Italy
Palermo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello everyone! I have updated and completed the contest files of MINTECRISTO and you can download it from the following link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4XwAuq9z0j0MkxSMThjRVpiT3M...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M1HgIBQQAN3UrPgVjSH-T2g89Yu...

CONTEST READY!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.