Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaaaand this evening I´ll try to do the mission 1.6

First immediate question: Are the walls painted on the board blocking movement / sight?

I think they dont as one of the heroes even starts the game on one such wall - but I think the rulebook could lose a sentence on this in the "scenic elements" part (or los)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Good evening Andreas. You are correct, the walls printed on the board do not. As far as I know, nothing printed on those boards in the main campaign hinder movement or block Line of Sight.

In fact I think the only boards that do such a thing are the Vesuvio's Forge boards. They have water drops in some areas on those boards that can possibly make Heroes suffer Tiredness if the "Asphyxiating Air” Special Rule is in effect. I believe, so far, this is the only exception to this in the current game.

All the scenic elements are either counters (2-D scenic elements) or assembled structures (3-D scenic elements).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaaaand successfully done.

This was way too easy. The 2 swiss guards 2 to the north came to me and died in my second activation (1 mana blizzard / assassin, the other reckless charge from fury glove sharp sword). That left me with little TV and only 2 mote swiss guards.

I took damage from the initial counterattack from those 2 and egidio (4 damage. ouch!) - but at that point I realised that my knight shouldnt do anything but "command" the mage to do blizzard. So I had 2 blizzards per activation basically and could kill 1 swiss guard with that. Very strange.

I then focus fired one of the papal guards at which point Egidio left the battlefield too (when he died) and then I still only had one papal guard that wouldnt attack me (because all damage was done basically by the mage on the roof - he had a TV of 11 or so at that moment while the rest of my crew lingered at 4-5).

Mission done.

I suspect it was that easy because I had the exact perfect skills for that mission. Still... hmmm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
industrialchild wrote:
Good evening Andreas. You are correct, the walls printed on the board do not. [...]

Thanks for the reply - but you see where a possible confusion could come from, right?

Did you play the mission? What is your experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course, I could see where this could cause confusion. No worries Andreas! Any questions are welcome on this forum!

I can't recall this specific mission exactly, but I have made it through a campaign of Nova Aetas and it was a great experience.

I did notice though that the difference between having Basic Class Heroes vs. Specialized Class Heroes is like Night and Day!

At the beginning it was a struggle, but once I Specialized in the Heroes' 2nd Class, it wasn't really a struggle so much as it was a decent challenge.

I'm sure that not all missions will go according to plan. I lost a mission or two while I was Specialized, but I had far more control in what went on than I had when my Heroes were their Basic Class.

Hope this makes sense.

I hope that you will find future missions to be more challenging for you Andreas. I also hope you continue to have a great time with this game. I'm glad you're enjoying it thus far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do!

the combination of "command" with "Mana Blizzard" though should probably be looked at as it seems to be exploitable (and I would like my knight to be something else than a tinbox that commands )

Also,at one point you told me that any hero could get a maximum of 6 skills - after the next mission I will already have 7 though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...

Could you do me a favor Andreas if it's not too much trouble for you?

I'd like to see the story missions you've undertaken so far as they appear on your campaign sheet and which ones you won/lost. I know Luca said the limit was 6 and in my game I didn't even have the option of rejecting a 7th skill.

I'd like to see the Mission Order of your campaign thus far to follow along in the Plot Book, just to see if I can spot where and why this is occurring.

I'd be very interested to see if certain avenues in the game could lead to this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Micheel
Germany
Bochum
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tutorial - 1 Common Skill (green)
0.1 burning hot - 1 Uncommon Skill (green)
0.2 Blood of Gaea - 1 Uncommon Skill (green)
0.3 Used. - 1 skill… so level up instead to 2nd level
1.5 Witch Hunt - 1 common Skill (red/blue)
0.7 Pursuit - 1 Rare Skill (red/blue)
1.6 User Instr. - 1 Uncommon Skill
1.9 And the straight.. - 1 Rare (win) or Uncommon (loss)
2.1 United - The End

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice campaign! I wish my win/loss ratio was that good in mine! Nice job! Thank you for sharing this.

I followed along with the Plot Book, just to verify that this situation is possible. I obviously took a different path to then you did, but your path is a legitimate one that can occur in the game. Definitely a unique situation to be in.

Nevertheless, according to Luca, their is a limit of 6 skills per Hero that can be learned throughout the campaign, so I'd just ignore that reward for your would be 7th skill you would have learned.

I did look for this fact in the lastest Rulebook, Plot Book, and FAQ. I couldn't find this information and it definitely should be addressed. This fact wouldn't be obvious to anyone at all that hasn't seen this on the Rules thread: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/26209413#26209413

He does mention there though that this will change with the "Epic Class" rules. Looking forward to seeing what that entails!

I made a post about the missing rules regarding this in the Errata Thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.