Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were playing our first game. The first thief had been captured and we were after the second. The thief went to a door, walked, then to another door. I requested a private clue. The clue that was given showed the thief in a different building! There was no way he could have made it to that location in three moves. I told the other players what had occurred and it was decided to start the game over. Is this something that we should expect to happen on occasion? Do I need to install the app again? Advice, please.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Czerwonka
United States
Orland Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a crime then 2 doors and then an interior walk. He started in one building but was in another... this was legal as there was no exterior #s on the street, so the door to door was crossing the street, building to building.

Also, pay attention to the bottom of the app... it tells you what street and/or building that they are in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The theft began in Doyle's Electronics. After 3 moves the private clue stated the thief was on 331 at the Museum. I don't see how he could have gotten there since he never entered the street.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lkujju wrote:
We were playing our first game. The first thief had been captured and we were after the second. The thief went to a door, walked, then to another door. I requested a private clue. The clue that was given showed the thief in a different building! There was no way he could have made it to that location in three moves. I told the other players what had occurred and it was decided to start the game over. Is this something that we should expect to happen on occasion? Do I need to install the app again? Advice, please.
Thanks.

Check the path from 251 to 134
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few spots where the thief can move from door to door without triggering a street sound. We encountered this tonight when the thief jumped from the bank to Doyle's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gant
United States
Wakefield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evan just nailed it.

Having played the original game countless times I was set with the belief this wasn't possible. Had I examined the map more closely I would have disavowed that notion quickly.

Positive note, this move by the thief is a big reveal. Very few movement paths enable this. Result could be a 100% chance of an arrest.

This really made me appreciate the restoration. Well done!

--JokerRulez
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hurd
United States
Gordon
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fell victim to that the other day... made an unsuccessful arrest only to realize the thief had crossed the street! (I hadn't paid close enough attention to the screen when the second door opened...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Underwood
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayahre wrote:
lkujju wrote:
Thanks.

I think you meant 251 to 131. There is no 134 that I can see.
I understand now that a thief can go from door to door, even across a street, without having a street sound (which seems odd). However, my original question still remains. How do you go from a crime scene in the Electronics store to door 331 at the Museum in three moves which were door, walk, door? I don't see how it can be done. Someone walk me through it, please. If it cannot be done, is there a bug in the app?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR Honeycutt
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lkujju wrote:
jayahre wrote:
lkujju wrote:
Thanks.

I think you meant 251 to 131. There is no 134 that I can see.
I understand now that a thief can go from door to door, even across a street, without having a street sound (which seems odd). However, my original question still remains. How do you go from a crime scene in the Electronics store to door 331 at the Museum in three moves which were door, walk, door? I don't see how it can be done. Someone walk me through it, please. If it cannot be done, is there a bug in the app?

What difficulty were you playing on?

My best guess is that a player around the table clicked through and made an extra two turns happen

I don't say that to be mean - I've played the game dozens of times and I've never encountered that particular error, nor heard of any error happening through testing at any point.

That said - I'll put it in our bug report!

If that happens again, immediately arrest the thief (you know what space they're on) and watch the playback of the path they took (the app will show you if you ask for it on the Thief arrested screen.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PK Levine
United States
Rossville
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, any time a thief does something tricky or confusing, we just watch the playback and it explains everything. The whole "move across the street without walking outdoors" trick threw us pretty badly as well, and taught us how crucial it is to watch the bottom of the screen for the thief's general location!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.