Hide
3 Posts

Dice Forge» Forums » Rules

Subject: Boar Card - Effect 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Nathalia
msg tools
Could you settle a disagreement about applying the effects of the Boar card? This is the situation:

The rules state that the Boar face triggers two effects, i.e. the die owner gains either a Moon or Sun shard, and the card owner gains either a Moon shard, a Sun shard, or 3 Glory points.

Person A owns a Boar card and has placed the corresponding tile on a die of person B. Person B then rolls the Boar tile. Person A, however, does has not noticed that Person B rolled the Boar face. Person B knows this. Should he/she attend Person A? That is, is it mandatory to apply all effects of the Boar tile/card? Or is Person B entitled to keep quiet? That is, is it a choice (and thereby a responsibility) for Person A whether to apply the effect?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. Not sure the rules handles this.

If it were me, it would depend on whether or not it was a learning/new game for the players. If player A was newish, I would point it out to them, unless Player A was my husband and then I would never say a word ((he wins every game we play together)).

I think as a general rule, if you are going to put an attack of sort die face on another players die, that benefits you if they roll it, I think it's on them to pay attention to the die you roll.

It's the same thing with Machi Koro - for learning games, I'm going to point out "hey, Karen rolled a 2, you get $1 from the bank", but future games, it's on them to pay attention or lose out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Upon reading the rules again, the rules for turn order are as follows:

1.) ALL PLAYERS RECEIVE DIVINE BLESSINGS
2.) THE ACTIVE PLAYER MAY CALL FOR REINFORCEMENTS
3.) THE ACTIVE PLAYER MAY PERFORM AN ACTION
4.) THE ACTIVE PLAYER MAY PERFORM AN EXTRA ACTION

By reading this, I would say that after rolling of dice, the players are required to take the resources rolled. Since the Battle Pig isn't a Reinforcement (it's an hourglass, not a gear), it must be applied.

On the flip side, after a couple of rounds played, I will absolutely let someone who failed to use their Reinforcements continue on in their turn and then gleefully remind them that they missed said opportunity. I do this to myself when I forget to use them, since that step is optional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.