The 7th Continent» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Curse: The Forbidden Sanctuary: Need help desperately! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andokai Tihuacan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,
I'm quite desperate on the Curse: The Forbidden Sanctuary.
But unfortunately, it is not part of this walkthrough up to now.
Can anyone help nevertheless?
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I have found the Cards 'Secret of the Sanctuary' no. 1, 2 and 4/6. I'm desperately looking for the last three! Does anybody know where to look for them?

I have also made up, that the Letter for the room references to the shape of the water on the floor. But this would not correspond to the numbering of the Secret-Cards. The second is for Room X, but I have not found that one, the second seems to be Y. So it would be guessing, which solution is right for that door...

..and I hate guessing and not understanding Did anyone play that curse and can help out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

3 notes can be obtained with the special action from the curse card (drawing #450 cards).
the other 3 notes can be found by following the clues (text) on the back of the curse card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
Don't despair! Hints below (under heavy spoilers).

How to find the Secrets of the Sanctuary
You already found the three cards that are given through the curse clue card (in place of the 050 cards) by examining the notes. Good! You're halfway there. Unfortunately you will need all 6 cards to navigate the Sanctuary successfully, because even one false step in the Sanctuary can lead you to dying.

To find the other three cards you need to explore the continent:
Card 3/6
You need to be a dick to the only other person that you meet in the continent. I mean, really a dick.
You have to kill the old man (shaman) in his hut (card 059/098). After you kill him, you can search his hut and find this card.

Card 5/6
It is inside the underground temple where you find one of the eyes of the Voracious Goddess during her curse.
It is inside the "secret" room that you access through a portcullis (card 402). You need a rope to open it.

Card 6/6
It is on one of the northermost reaches of the continent. You need to scale a cliff to get it.
It is in the area where there is the frozen explorer (card 361). You need to pass some tests to understand where his satchel is and then reach it. Inside the satchel is this card.

About the cards themselves
You understood correctly that the Letter for the room references the shape on the floor (in some cases water, in other cases something else). However the order of the rooms in the Sanctuary is not the same as the 1 to 6 of the cards, so no worries there. Just remember that every time there is a trap which is referenced by one of the cards, the symbol of Death is present (as per the hint at the beginning of the Sanctuary).

Take extreme care in reading the cards since, if you do not understand correctly the hints that they give, you can suffer an instant death.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mb
J.B. is also correct that
the position of the other 3 cards are given hints on the clue card for the curse itself:
- visited an underground temple... a heavy portcullis... comfortable bed...
- offered me shelter... offered him... to thank him...
- there is snow everywhere... the freezing wind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andokai Tihuacan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, and that frozen adventurer I find in the north is right the Nicols, who managed to escape the Forbidden Sanctuary, just to die in the cold.

This game is so cool! And your answer was so helpful Federico! Thanks a lot for that to you and J.B.
P.S.:
That's really cruel, that I HAVE to murder that poor old man to get rid of my curse! I'm pretty sure I would have searched forever and ever and still be kind to the old man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Man
msg tools
Thank you!

I finished the forbidden sanctuary without getting the clues from outside. I died on the last 3 portals, but rewinded my choice 'cause I thought it was just too cheap of a death. Had difficulties finding my path in the tunnel as well. I got lucky for the last one then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angela Caunce
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about the ending:

We just finished this curse 2 player and managed to do it.........

..........without killing the old man - but only because we guessed correctly in the relevant chamber without the journal page. I am a little puzzled by this as the clue card for the curse indicates that you should give the old man a gift to 'thank him' not that you need to kill him. Is this intended to mislead so that you have to go back and find him again to prolong the ending? If so, how would you know to do this? I only knew because I had seen this thread, there were no other hints that I came across in the game. We just couldn't understand this and found it very unsatisfying. Does this mean that other clue cards are misleading too?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Moore
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question. How do you even get into the forbidden sanctuary? I can’t figure out the front door at all to get in!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dicely wrote:
I have a question about the ending:

We just finished this curse 2 player and managed to do it.........

..........without killing the old man - but only because we guessed correctly in the relevant chamber without the journal page. I am a little puzzled by this as the clue card for the curse indicates that you should give the old man a gift to 'thank him' not that you need to kill him. Is this intended to mislead so that you have to go back and find him again to prolong the ending? If so, how would you know to do this? I only knew because I had seen this thread, there were no other hints that I came across in the game. We just couldn't understand this and found it very unsatisfying. Does this mean that other clue cards are misleading too?

I also did this last night and was pretty frustrated at the misinformation. Would love to know what they were thinking. This was the first such instance I've run across now on my 4th curse though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not "give the man a gift to thank him". It's "we gave the man a gift to thank him" -- a note written by the previous expedition. It doesn't tell you what to do but rather that the man has the page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sesta
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ren3 wrote:
It's not "give the man a gift to thank him". It's "we gave the man a gift to thank him" -- a note written by the previous expedition. It doesn't tell you what to do but rather that the man has the page.

yes, it tells you the old man has the page with the idea that you should do the same thing that the expedition did. I don't think I would jump to the conclusion that murdering this defenseless old man would be the way to go? In fact, I could assume that murdering him may close off my ability to get the page forever if he hid it well. Just all in all a very poor clue in what is otherwise an excellent game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucien Copus
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see the issue, you can try the easy way, and if that doesn't work, you can play hard ball.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.