Massive Darkness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is the Headhunter a mace? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Donavin Northrup
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm trying to figure out what some of these weapon types are. Headhunter resembles that of a halberd - A spear, and an axe. However, I don't see "Axe" or "Spear" Mastery anywhere. I see Mace, Hammer, and Sword. (If I missed it, let me know where.)

I'm curious if there is a way to specifically know which weapon types a weapon is? Headhunter looks -extremely- similar to that of the Hammer in the art style for Massive Darkness, and in addition, would be swung similar to the hammer, so I'm curious about the Bonecrushers "Mace + Hammer" mastery impacting it, or not.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TeoDaTank wrote:
I'm trying to figure out what some of these weapon types are. Headhunter resembles that of a halberd - A spear, and an axe. However, I don't see "Axe" or "Spear" Mastery anywhere. I see Mace, Hammer, and Sword. (If I missed it, let me know where.)

I'm curious if there is a way to specifically know which weapon types a weapon is? Headhunter looks -extremely- similar to that of the Hammer in the art style for Massive Darkness, and in addition, would be swung similar to the hammer, so I'm curious about the Bonecrushers "Mace + Hammer" mastery impacting it, or not.

Thanks.

I'm pretty sure it's an axe and wouldn't work with Mace and Hammer Mastery. Most of the items have a name that describes what they are (Fire Sword, Meteor Hammer, etc.). For those that don't, you have to just use common sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're talking strictly from a rules perspective, it's only a hammer/mace/sword/shield etc if and only if it has that specific word in it's name. If it doesn't have the right keyword(s) in the name, it doesn't satisfy the condition. The art on the card is irrelevant.

However, feel free to houserule a weapon to be a mace/hammer/whatever if you feel the art suggests it should be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.