Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Spirit Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
Feard card from expansion: Exploirer are reluctant

Fear level 2 says "skip the next normal explore. During the next invader phase, draw an additional explorer card"

So this turn i dont open a card, and shift the cards to the left as usual and basically there wont be a build next round? And next round there will be 2 explores, and the round after that 2 builds and 2 ravage cards?

The fear level 3 of this same card says "skip the next normal explore, but still reveal a card. (perform the symbol if relevant.) cards shift left as usual"

If i understood the level 2 correctly, the level 3 doesnt sound exactly stronger than the level 2... just wondering.



Thunderspeaker innate power gather the warriors.

So with this i can target one land and then first gather dahans there and then push dahans from that exactly land? It sounds kind weird but i actually exploited this to move dahans 2 spaces in a given round, is that the correct use?



Building boom from england, if 2 lands are tied for the most, i basically choose one to do the action, correct?


Repeating power, a power like creepers tear into mortar from aSoRG, if i make this power fast, when repeating i MUST also do it fast?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
Feard card from expansion: Exploirer are reluctant

Fear level 2 says "skip the next normal explore. During the next invader phase, draw an additional explorer card"

So this turn i dont open a card, and shift the cards to the left as usual and basically there wont be a build next round? And next round there will be 2 explores, and the round after that 2 builds and 2 ravage cards?

The fear level 3 of this same card says "skip the next normal explore, but still reveal a card. (perform the symbol if relevant.) cards shift left as usual"

If i understood the level 2 correctly, the level 3 doesnt sound exactly stronger than the level 2... just wondering.
At level 2, the Explore still happens, just delayed a turn. At level 3, the Explore doesn't happen at all, and if the land was empty beforehand it will remain empty.

Quote:
Thunderspeaker innate power gather the warriors.

So with this i can target one land and then first gather dahans there and then push dahans from that exactly land? It sounds kind weird but i actually exploited this to move dahans 2 spaces in a given round, is that the correct use?
Yes, that's correct.
Quote:
Building boom from england, if 2 lands are tied for the most, i basically choose one to do the action, correct?
Correct.
Quote:
Repeating power, a power like creepers tear into mortar from aSoRG, if i make this power fast, when repeating i MUST also do it fast?
That's correct.
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the answers, but i am still confused with the card "explorers are reluctant" could please clarify how dows the level 2 and 3 work?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
And another question about england, her level 1 says "a region may build even if empty, if it is adjacent to 2 town/city."

Does it mean, adjacent to 2 regions that contain town/city.
or
adjacent to 2 town/city, doesnt actually matter if they are in one or multiple regions
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
Thanks for the answers, but i am still confused with the card "explorers are reluctant" could please clarify how dows the level 2 and 3 work?


So, an example.

Let's suppose the invader cards are as follows before you reveal the fear cards:

Ravage: Jungle
Build: Mountains
Top card of invader deck: Wetlands
Second card of invader deck: Sands
Third card of the invader deck: Coastal
Fourth card of the invader deck: Jungle/Mountains

If you reveal "Explorers are Reluctant" at terror level 2, the next four turns are as follows.

Turn 1
Ravage: Jungle
Build: Mountain
Explore: none

Turn 2
Ravage: Mountain
Build: None
Explore: Wetland, then Sands

Turn 3
Ravage: None
Build: Wetland, then Sands
Explore: Coastal

Turn 4
Ravage: Wetland, then Sands
Build: Coastal
Explore: Jungle/Mountain

If you reveal "Explorers are Reluctant" at terror level 3, the next four turns are as follows.

Turn 1
Ravage: Jungle
Build: Mountain
Explore: none

Turn 2
Ravage: Mountain
Build: Wetland
Explore: Sands

Turn 3
Ravage: Wetland
Build: Sands
Explore: Coastal

Turn 4
Ravage: Sands
Build: Coastal
Explore: Jungle/Mountain
5 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Blankstein
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
And another question about england, her level 1 says "a region may build even if empty, if it is adjacent to 2 town/city."

Does it mean, adjacent to 2 regions that contain town/city.
or
adjacent to 2 town/city, doesnt actually matter if they are in one or multiple regions


The latter.
4 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Harris
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ryusora wrote:
Thanks for the answers, but i am still confused with the card "explorers are reluctant" could please clarify how dows the level 2 and 3 work?


For Level 2, you are right, there will eventually be two explores, then next turn two builds, then two ravages as the card moves through the slots; but, as you say, there will be a blank spot. The Explore will happen...just not yet. =)

For Level 3, you reveal the card just like normal, but no one will explore there ever. So if you reveal a Jungle card, do not place any new explorers there and as the Jungle moves through the different phases of Build and Ravage, if there was no one to explore there, hopefully they won't build or ravage either when the card gets to that slot.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RyuSora
Brazil
Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you guys, i played the card correctly, i was just not 100% sure about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.