Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rule 8.5.1.1 states that units may bypass an empty hex with an enemy installation or city. My questions are these:

A) If a hex already has friendly units under a clearing marker, would other friendly units be prohibited from bypassing it? In other words, once a clearing operation has begun the hex is no longer eligible for bypass?

B) If the above is true, the only way to bypass an already friendly occupied clearing-hex would be to first withdraw such units (thereby removing the clearing marker), and other friendly units could then bypass the hex? In fact, the rules prohibit a clearing marker to be re-placed in the same turn as it has been removed due to a withdrawal, and I'm assuming such a hex could not be entered, except with a bypass action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stueber
United States
Vernon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
I am the Sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf.
badge
BRAINS????
mbmbmbmbmb
See 8.4.1.3 and 8.4.1.4 also.

Units cannot bypass through a unit under a Clearing Marker. However you could reinforce the units under the clearing marker and thus pull units out without removing the Clearing Marker as long as you don't withdraw the units into an EZOC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub Kircun
United States
Woods Hole
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BooBoo130 wrote:

Units cannot bypass through a unit under a Clearing Marker. However you could reinforce the units under the clearing marker and thus pull units out without removing the Clearing Marker as long as you don't withdraw the units into an EZOC.

Thanks for those clarifications and tips.

Also, I'm assuming that since a hex under a clearing marker is still an enemy controlled city, urban, or installation, that no supply LOC can be traced through it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kubaman wrote:
BooBoo130 wrote:

Thanks for those clarifications and tips.

Also, I'm assuming that since a hex under a clearing marker is still an enemy controlled city, urban, or installation, that no supply LOC can be traced through it?

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.