4 Posts

Rick and Morty: Total Rickall Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: yoo much chance/guessing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Lipton
msg tools
designer
Enjoyed the two plays of the game I've had, but been running into an issue. With 2 people (and even 3) it seems almost impossible to keep up with the new characters showing up. If I am reading the rules correctly (which was difficult to decipher) 2 characters are added every round.

It seems you have to shoot 2 characters every round for any chance of clearing all parasites, and unless you get a good draw that isn't going to happen, and with 2 players it seems nearly impossible.

I tend to want good info before making decisions. Should we just be shooting people and hope to kill the right ones? I played a 3P game, killed 14 parasites and only 1 person, but we lost because no one had the correct cards to shoot the last folks. Is it just a game that comes down to the luck of the draw?

Wanting to make sure I'm not missing something obvious, as I am enjoying the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Only one character is added each round, no matter how many people are playing.

With a 75% chance of killing a Parasite with each shot, if you do get behind, some blind shots might be necessary and tactically correct.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lipton
msg tools
designer
Re: too much chance/guessing?
Ok, then I read the rules wrong.

"End of round:
1. Each player discards the Action card they have in front
of them.
2. The player with the First Player Token passes it to the
player on their left.
3. Place the top card of the Identity deck face down into
an empty slot nearest to the Character and Identity
decks. Create a new row only if necessary.
4. Add a new Character to the middle of the table. If there
are no Character cards in the Character deck, this is
now the FINAL ROUND OF THE GAME. No Character
is added to the middle of the table, but play proceeds
as normal. The round in which you added the last
Character card from the deck is not the final round.
5. Start a new Round! "

So I add a new ID, and then step 4 is a new Character. "Nearest to the Character and Identity decks" and then "Add a new Character to the middle of the table" is very confusing as it sounds like 2 different positions, and in first reading sounded like 2 spots that get characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I see where it can be a little confusing.
The first card you place is just the Identity Card.
The next card you place is the Character Card, and it goes on top of the Identity Card you just placed.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.