Popular Tags: [View All]
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,
So, I am wondering. The rules seem to suggest that you can only use each order once. . .. But can you do this:

Use Order

4.2.3.a. Remove Pin

Then

4.2.3.b. Attempt to Convert a Paralyzed Team to a Litter Team

Then

4.2.3.c. Attempt to . . .

Get the idea?

Also, do you really NOT put an Exposed Marker on a unit that is Rallied? What about the HQ that also is involved in the action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
raynovich wrote:
… Then

Get the idea?

Yep! Per Section 4.2 (Second Edition Rules), each unit can use each action once (except 4.2.2f), and these are all differently named actions, so it's perfectly legal.

(Note that in order to use all of these actions in sequence on the same unit you'd have to succeed at all of them, which will be difficult unless you're on a card with no VOF.)

Quote:
Also, do you really NOT put an Exposed Marker on a unit that is Rallied? What about the HQ that also is involved in the action?

I just read through the chart that is Section 4.2.3 (page 19, Second Edition Rules) and found no mention of an Exposed marker. What makes you think you'd put an Exposed marker down?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
strathmeyer wrote:
raynovich wrote:
… Then

Get the idea?

Yep! Per Section 4.2 (Second Edition Rules), each unit can use each action once (except 4.2.2f), and these are all differently named actions, so it's perfectly legal.

(Note that in order to use all of these actions in sequence on the same unit you'd have to succeed at all of them, which will be difficult unless you're on a card with no VOF.)

Quote:

I just read through the chart that is Section 4.2.3 (page 19, Second Edition Rules) and found no mention of an Exposed marker. What makes you think you'd put an Exposed marker down?

Again thematic, what does it take for a Platoon Leader to get a bunch of guys to rally and become ready to fight again? I assume a bit more than being quiet and not moving.

In fact, I am thinking that, from a thematic sense, at least someone from the HQ should be in the same spot as the team being helped.

Perhaps though, rallying is not as "noisy" and active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There has to be visual verbal communication, i. e. they must be under the same cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
There has to be visual verbal communication, i. e. they must be under the same cover.

I am not sure they have to be under the same cover. Can't one of them be out of cover and the other be in cover?

And the question is: Would this NOT take movement on behalf of some of the men to make the rally occur? Thereby making at least one unit Exposed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I am not sure they have to be under the same cover. Can't one of them be out of cover and the other be in cover?

They do.

4.3.1 Visual-Verbal
In order to be in Visual-Verbal communication, both units must be on the same card, be unpinned, and either
a) both are under the same Cover marker or
b) neither one is under a Cover marker.

Quote:
And the question is: Would this NOT take movement on behalf of some of the men to make the rally occur? Thereby making at least one unit Exposed?

Often, yes. It's hard!

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Jason Raynovich
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Quote:

They do.

4.3.1 Visual-Verbal
In order to be in Visual-Verbal communication, both units must be on the same card, be unpinned, and either
a) both are under the same Cover marker or
b) neither one is under a Cover marker.

Quote:

Often, yes. It's hard!

Best,
Ricky

Oh boy, I have been playing Visual-Verbal communication wrong. I thought that one unit could be in cover and the other could not.

Now, let's say in a turn, both units are not in cover. So, neither of them has to move. Still, no Exposed counter on them? I know that is not in the rules. Is that a "proper" simulation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Now, let's say in a turn, both units are not in cover. So, neither of them has to move. Still, no Exposed counter on them? I know that is not in the rules. Is that a "proper" simulation?

If neither is under cover, they are in V-V communication. Have fun!

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.