Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking to add a wargame to my collection and love the D&D theme; how does this game hold up against other wargames now that we're in 2017 and 6 years have gone by since it's release? Which other wargames, if any, are superior?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lance klindt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you like Axis and Allies theme? Do you like dungeon and dragons theme? It's a great add-on if you have played both of them or something like those games. Go ahead and pick it up I think it's great game Conquest of Nerath
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I really regret selling my copy and would love to have it back in my collection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Laramie
Wyoming
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It holds up just fine. It's a light fantasy wargame with lots of plastic and nice production. There is nothing, mechanics wise that could really age poorly. It's an Axis and Allies type game with different dice.

I have a feeling that this one might be sought after in 15 years because so many overlooked it at the time and it seems to be rather rare in collections.

The only issue the game had was with Dragons, and the designer posted an official fix for that.

The Dungeons and army cards also add cool little tactical twists that are rather unusual for this type of game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Magro
msg tools
It is Axis & Allies with a Dungeon twist.
If you do not like Axis this is not a good game. if you do it has some extra (random but still fog of war extra).

I think thsi game is overlooked and underrated. Probably due to balance issues and game aids with cards and countres on top being prined on two sides (genious that one).
ISSUES
-Some units are way to powerfuyll compared to cost.

-Certian starting positions are better, especially in a short game (where the turn 1 advantage is harder to negate).

This si easy to fix out off box (no new stuff needed) so for me the game holds up fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.