Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With this tech, if I read it right, you could intentionally burn through an opponents tech stack. Every turn, launch a new project and you're denying that opponent two of their tech cards -- you draw one and discard the other.

Is this correct? (Bottom-left card in photo below.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey
United States
flag msg tools
Make it so
badge
Captain Picard
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the project you don't keep would go back to the bottom of your rival's deck, as would any project you discarded for any other reason. You could only tie up a few each game (one for each research node you have and whichever ones you actually research completly). This would also mean you aren't researching projects from your own deck, which will often be a better option for you.

Also, fyi, only Romulans get the culture from their projects.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
only the project you keep is denied to them unless they invade one of your research nodes to get it back. The other goes to the bottom of their deck. Since noone knows the order of the tech you might be helping him to cycle it to get the good techs at the bottom of the deck.

It does use commands so doing it repeatedly will paralyze you for other actions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo But if using Advanced Research, as many of us do, could you just pick through their deck? (This hasn't come up for us yet).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
goo But if using Advanced Research, as many of us do, could you just pick through their deck? (This hasn't come up for us yet).
i think it works for both random research or focused research, so yeah you pick the tech you want from their deck.

I do feel holding only 1 rival tech at a time is a limitation when you are invading opponents systems and taking over research projects this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
m c
msg tools
I do not have my stuff with me, but if I remember correctly you can only have one from all the other players being researched at a time. Also keep in mind that some players (like myself) see this as an act of war.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.