Raise Your Goblets» Forums » Rules

Subject: How exactly do the ogre poison and unicorn antidote work? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garret Moore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I have been scouring the rule book and I can't find anything saying how they work just that they exist.

Reading the character cards I assume that they are both worth 2 either poisons or antidotes depending on what they are, but I was hoping I could get a definitive answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
narutou9 wrote:
I have been scouring the rule book and I can't find anything saying how they work just that they exist.

Reading the character cards I assume that they are both worth 2 either poisons or antidotes depending on what they are, but I was hoping I could get a definitive answer

It's actually slightly more elaborate than that.

The Ogre Poison cannot be countered by regular Antidotes, so if you have it in your goblets after the toast, you are automatically poisoned. It can be countered by the Unicorn Antidote, though.

The Unicorn Antidote, unlike regular Antidote tokens that can only remove 1 Poison token each, can remove up to 2 Poison tokens from your goblet, including the Ogre Poison.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kokkonen
United States
Calumet
Michigan
flag msg tools
Here's a situation for you...

Let's say your goblet has the unicorn antidote, the ogre poison, and a regular poison in it. The unicorn antidote can remove the ogre poison, but could it also remove the regular poison?

The rules state it can remove up to 2 poisons, including the ogre poison. But in my mind, since the ogre poison is a super poison, the unicorn antidote should only be able to remove that one, and not the regular one along with it.

What are your thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adkokk7321 wrote:
Here's a situation for you...

Let's say your goblet has the unicorn antidote, the ogre poison, and a regular poison in it. The unicorn antidote can remove the ogre poison, but could it also remove the regular poison?

The rules state it can remove up to 2 poisons, including the ogre poison. But in my mind, since the ogre poison is a super poison, the unicorn antidote should only be able to remove that one, and not the regular one along with it.

What are your thoughts?

The Unicorn antidote can remove up to 2 poison tokens, one of which can be the Ogre poison. So you can remove the ogre poison plus one more poison token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.