Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Cericola
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At Rose City Comic Con, in Portland, I had the opportunity to get to play this under the watchful and helpful eye of the designer, Tim Eisner. I was never worried about backing it though now I can't wait to get this one on my shelf.

Gameplay is simple - each turn you and the other players pick where you're going, play an optional fable card, resolve how the goods get divided up and move onto the actions phase. In the action phase, you generally get two actions (build a piece of a house, take a fable card, get extra resources, etc). Once you start adding in friends, allies who can help you and hurt your opponent, and fables, one-use gotchas that affect all manners of the game, you start to see a lot of complexity.

The end game condition, first player to complete three houses, ensures that the game ends in about 45-60 minutes and keeps the play fresh. And despite being a prototype, the quality of the cards and miniatures were excellent. I can't wait to see the finished product.

I went into this thinking the game could have been too light, and instead seeing how cutthroat the game could be made me like it more and more. And with the fairy tale theme, it makes it very approachable for families with children.

Super stoked to see this arrive in a few months!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B C
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hudson
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you enjoyed it Christopher!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.