Nado Youk
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
If I have only one hero active (others incapped, no hero targets in play), does the remaining hero get hit by something like Ermine's end of turn effect "deals the hero target with second lowest hp 2 melee damage" or some another similar effect?

What about Plague Rat's Ravage, Vicious Onslaught, and Tooth and Claw when there is only one hero target?

If 2 targets are tied for lowest hp, is one of them (player choice?) considered second lowest? If there is an effect thst deals damage to "the 2 targets with lowest hp" are both those targets affected?

Thanks for the help. I'm considering getting the app to play when I'm on the go and for rules clarification, but prefer solo physical to be my definitive way of playing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Whiskers85 wrote:
If I have only one hero active (others incapped, no hero targets in play), does the remaining hero get hit by something like Ermine's end of turn effect "deals the hero target with second lowest hp 2 melee damage" or some another similar effect?

If there is one hero target then there is no valid target in that case that is second lowest.

Quote:


What about Plague Rat's Ravage, Vicious Onslaught, and Tooth and Claw when there is only one hero target?

You are considered highest and lowest health hero at this point so the remaining hero would get hit by all of those. In the case of Tooth and Claw they would get hit twice.

Quote:


If 2 targets are tied for lowest hp, is one of them (player choice?) considered second lowest?

Yes.

Quote:

If there is an effect that deals damage to "the 2 targets with lowest hp" are both those targets affected?

Yes. If you had a card like that you pick the target with the lowest health and the target with the next lowest health before damage is dealt.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nado Youk
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
"If there is one hero target then there is no valid target in that case that is second lowest."

Thanks for your response. I'm not sure if I reading this correctly. So in this case, the only hero would NOT be targeted/dealt damage because there isn't another hero target around, which makes it impossible for the only hero target to be considered second lowest (or second highest, if it mattered in a different case)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That interpretation is correct.

This also makes cards like KNYFE's Infiltrate and Obfuscate stop working when there's only one villain target in play.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.