Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William LaGamba
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I designed this solo variant earlier today and tested it out. I played one AI and lost 123 to 38.

Here are the rules if you want to give it a try.

Setup Phase

Setup the game as you normally would for 2 to 5 people
You are always the first player

Bidding phase

Bidding is a little different as you place all of your bids at once. For the AI you shuffle their bid tokens taking care not to see what they are. Starting with the missions you look at each of the top ones, if the AI is able to satisfy any of them with what they have at the time then grab a random bid token and place it on the mission.

When considering whether or not the AI can satisfy the requirements for a mission take into count the number of crew they have that can be turned into 1 Biotech and any Science they will gain from parts before the Launch Phase.

Next you will put 1 bid token on the Discover spot and 1 bid token on Hire spot. Engineer spot won't be used until a Climactic Mission is available. The AI will never use the Refit spot.

If you have any bid tokens left you will then look at the parts. Starting with the the top of the core and moving clockwise, check to see if any part will fit and if so place a bid token on it. All of the bids the AI makes are considered to have a crew on them, thus making them all 1 point higher. The AI will only use crew to pay for parts and to make Biotech.

Once a Climactic Mission is available the AI will start placing 1 token on the Engineer spot if it can. If the AI wins the spot they get to change all of the dice they have by 1 that are not already showing a 6.

Assembly and Launch Phase

The rest of the game is played as normal.

That's it. Let me know what you think and how you did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hong Tai Lee
msg tools
Hello!

Still trying this out as I'm sure I may have made a mistake somewhere because my AI's frame got clogged up pretty fast (for a while it couldn't bet on any parts that just fit).

When you mentioned we look at the AI's frame clockwise (from the top), do we also select parts from the top left to the top right? (and proceed in the same manner in the second row?)

I'm going to give it another spin since I love this game for its ship building process as well.

In any case, will keep you updated and thanks for sharing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.