Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After several attempts with this system, I personally dont like it. Still way too many choices to be made by the player. I also feel its way overpriced for what is essentially a deck of cards and some charts. I just didnt use the order cards much because it was much more work to try and figure out what the order is supposed to be, rather than just playing both sides myself. The system seemed to work better for CoH imho. Perhaps because of the amount of units in LnLT.
That said, LnLT is still my favorite system of all tactical level games. This "Solo" expansion just doesnt do what I had hoped it would for me.

Bill
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gray
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been digesting this and I'm looking forward to giving it a spin. I think with a solo system, whether it strikes the right note or not, is very much a matter of individual taste.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. I did like this system with CoH

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bill

I am sorry to hear that you are not enjoying the title as much as you had hoped. Is there anything we can do to improve it? I would like to state that we wanted to develop a system that would accommodate all of our titles and the 400+ scenarios within, rather than create a solo system for solo specific designed scenarios like CoH. This was intentionally done to allow for multiple replays of the scenarios.
I appreciate your honest opinion and it is our goal to take feedback from our customers and look for ways to make our games better.

Thank you
Sean Druelinger
LnL Publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Severn
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for your concern Sean.
I plan on giving this a little more play time and hope it gets better. Maybe I'm just not getting it, but I'm pretty sure I understand. I think it's probably more likely that I expected the system to do too much for being able to accommodate the 400+ scenarios as u stated.
Not really sure what I suggest except maybe more clarity on specific things that come up during a game. Maybe making the flowcharts more clear and direct. Perhaps creating some solo only scenarios would be good that would be handled by the solo system well.
Im also sure as time goes on the gaming community will have great ideas and tips to help

Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've watched the few videos that I have found online. There does seem to be a lot of choices that need to be made for the AEO. I haven't decided if this is a good thing or not. I understand the need to make as many of the released scenarios usable with the solo system. I still plan to buy it and try it.

We will see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the release of GMT COIN system games, I think all in-game AI built for solitaire system should have a similar flowchart to explain how the AI works. Is there such a thing for LnL Tactical: Solo?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Lawrence

The solo system works through the cards determining which unit and what action it will perform. Once selected there are flowcharts that dictate the behavior of the units such as who they fire at or how and where a unit will move. The flowcharts also handle if a unit should move or fire even if they are ordered to. (Why leave a perfectly good piece of cover? ) The flowcharts handle those sort of decisions. The flowcharts are not overly complicated either so that eventually one can get by without them.

Thank you in advance
Sean Druelinger
LnL Publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kallen McInerney
Australia
Kingscliff
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I've played a lot of solo LnL over the years I've become very comfortable playing both sides so I wondered what value the solo expansion would provide (it's in the mail). The most difficult part of solo'ing for me is the amount of double think where I say to myself "Well if they do this then other side will do that etc etc etc". In the early game of large scenarios it can be slow going as I evaluate and extrapolate all the possibilities until I find the optimal move. With the expansion I hope to be able to switch off that double think and instead face a stiff AI which at times could be a little unpredictable. I guess what I'm looking for is to be surprised. If the AI is little more than a structured approach to the optimized decision making I'm already doing then yeah I might question it's value. That said I do expect it'll take me a bit of time to get used to the solo system since I've done it "my way" for such a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Hanzelman
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used the Solo option with the Perfume scenario. It wasn't really a good fit since for the most part the VC are kind of sitting tight until they need to counterattack or opp fire Marines moving in the open.

I just put it to use in the Cavalry scenario. It started off slowly with the scout/leader/squad stack moving quickly through the jungle to rescue the downed crew. The scenario limits the movement of the VC for the first three turns, so that had something to do with it as well.

However, once the limitation was off I found the Solo movement rules to begin to kick in well. The VC moved well through the jungle and now have the ANZAC forces pinned on a hilltop waiting for the scenario to end.

I'll be anxious to try this with a few more scenarios and then with the firefight generator.

Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Druelinger
United States
Joppa
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bill

Your suggestions are noted and we will look to make improvements to the game as much as possible. Solo scenarios have been discussed but no pen to paper as of yet. Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that another play gives you more enjoyment than your first play

Thank you
Sean Druelinger
LNL Publishing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.