Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazingly I found a copy of the purple box version sitting on a thrift store shelf. As far as I can tell it is missing a single green chip (I think the star.) Rio Grande doesn't replace chits from thrifted games, so the question is can I play the game with a deck of cards I write up, or round chits, or do I really need all seventeen chips to play? (Also, will Rio Grande send me another chip sheet if I don't mention that it was thrifted?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, you could play just ignoring the fact that it's missing. No big deal.

Personally, I wouldn't ask a company to replace parts from a game I got used, without at least telling them that. I'd probably ask them if they have any they would sell me. If you're lucky it's cheap... if you're really lucky they will just charge postage... if you're really lucky they will ship you one completely free. I've had all 3 of these things happen... as well as 'sorry, we don't have replacement parts'. Can't hurt to ask, but, personally, I'd be honest about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
The game plays fine with a missing chip. Good thrift find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
cardshark28800 wrote:
Amazingly I found a copy of the purple box version sitting on a thrift store shelf. As far as I can tell it is missing a single green chip (I think the star.) Rio Grande doesn't replace chits from thrifted games, so the question is can I play the game with a deck of cards I write up, or round chits, or do I really need all seventeen chips to play? (Also, will Rio Grande send me another chip sheet if I don't mention that it was thrifted?)

You might want to contact these people and see if they will send you what you need.

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/182994/item/4660377#item4...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Eberle
United States
Kent
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't even think of Card Kingdom. I could easily make a trip up there to grab it. Thank you very much, sir.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also pretty easily make a proxy chip. Draw the chips randomly from a cup, and then it wouldn't matter if it looks recognizably different from the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.